Picture Me

Thanks to those who have complimented my new header. Initially, I had included myself in the illustration as well, but I just couldn't get the "me" part quite right. Here's what the illustration looked like with me in it.


But I look like I'm about 12 years old (which is 32 years too young--I know you're doing the math). I even gave myself laugh lines and crows feet, which my daughters kindly told me to take out, but which, wanting to be accurate, I left in (along with my unfortunate freckles).

Also, with me in the picture, I'd have to make Cabana even smaller. Then, no one would be able to see how accurately I depicted her Guide Dog jacket--the part of the illustration I like best. So, I ix-nayed myself.

The illustration was done with Adobe Illustrator, and the header image extends past the double border lines to make it look like Cabana is popping out beyond the header. I mimicked the colors from my blog template to make it look like it's part of the original template--but it's actually an uploaded jpg. If you right-click on my header, then go to View Image, you'll see what I mean.

Megan and Orleans  – (March 28, 2009 at 6:31 PM)  

I did think that the jacket looked extraordinary. I think it is cute with you in it too, laugh lines and crows feet and all. :D

Emily and the Labradors  – (March 28, 2009 at 7:31 PM)  

I absolutely love it! I wish I had that sort of talent! And so what if you look 12? I lave Cabana's beauty mark too... I had to go and back and look closely at her other photos to see it... but a very nice detail on your illustration!

Emily  – (March 29, 2009 at 3:32 PM)  

I always read posts in Google Reader so I hadn't noticed... but I love it!! Good job :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP