Cabana is a GRATE Dog!



I know, I'm SO corny. Every time Cabana and I walk over this grate by our house, I think about "grate" puns. So I had to get it out of my system. Sorry. But now it's over and done, and no one needs to be punished by my (questionable) sense of humor any longer.

Many other raisers commented on my Tuesday Topics 6 post that I should let Cabana run around on her own more. Let her romp around, sniff trees, and have more "free puppy time". So I was excited to try out my new retractable leash with Cabana this morning at a nearby park. I went to a few stores and saw that they were about $50 for the really long ones--pricey! So I got this one on eBay instead for half the price and free shipping (thanks, disabledjim!). It's 24 ft long, which I thought was really long--but after using it today, I wish it were still a little longer! But Cabana loved running around in the park. She ran circles around me, so I had to turn in circles to keep from getting tangled. It made me so dizzy! I came home and told my daughter about it, and she said, "Why don't you just pass the leash from hand to hand behind you instead of turning in circles with Cabana?" I said, "...oh...good idea...." Hey, I don't have a Masters degree for nothing!

Here's Cabana looking pooped and happy!

Now, I'm just waiting for my other eBay purchase to arrive--the Furminator! Thanks to Brittany and chloud9 for that tip. Gotta love that eBay!

Megan and Orleans  – (April 16, 2009 at 8:22 PM)  

Looks like Cabana had fun! It took me awhile to figure out the passing the leash from hand to hand thing too. :D And I LOVE my Furminator, it is AMAZING!!

Anonymous –   – (April 16, 2009 at 8:56 PM)  

I had to laugh because my job is selling those grates to customers! :) We get a lot of "grate" puns. hehe

Becky Andrews  – (April 16, 2009 at 9:07 PM)  

I LOVE my furniator and it must feel good because when Cricket sees it coming out she sits and is ready! The grate pun made me smile! Cricket, miss princess paws will avoid grates if at all possible.

Infrequent Flyers  – (April 16, 2009 at 9:53 PM)  

I'm glad to hear others like their Furminators. I read some reviews that said you can make your dog bald with it--so I was a bit worried about whether it was too much of a good thing. Smilinshell11, how funny that you sell grates! You might have sold that very grate that we walk on. Great grate puns must grate on you. Okay, enough of that!

Madison  – (April 17, 2009 at 5:36 AM)  

I love my furinator as well! She looks like one happy pup after running!

Megan and Orleans  – (April 17, 2009 at 6:37 PM)  

I have heard that you should not use the Furminator more than once a week because it can make your dog bald. So I use my Furminator on Sunday and do a really, really good job, and then i use my Zoom Groom on the days in between. :D I am still amazed how much it gets out! I could make a new puppy every week. :D

Taelor, Pilaf, and Cartier  – (April 19, 2009 at 11:07 PM)  

Sounds like she had fun!!!

I adore my Furminator. =D I don't know what I would do without it!!! <3

Cassie & The Dogs  – (April 20, 2009 at 5:41 PM)  

I think I am the only non-furminator fan out here. I greatly prefer the zoom groom and a shedding blade. Not worth the money in my book. But, Cabana is cute as ever :)

Becky Andrews  – (May 1, 2009 at 7:20 AM)  

Love my firminator - and so does Cricket. She comes running when she sees it! I think it feels like a nice scratching. Once I started to comb up and she quickly let me know that didn't feel too good. That head collar is magical... Pantera had one for a few ocassions.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP