Sittin' in the Morning Sun

Cabana is 6 months old today--happy half birthday to youuuu, Cabana! Here's a photo I took of her this morning, wrapped around the leg of our piano. She loves to find the sunny spot in the room.

Yesterday, I gave Cabana a much-needed brushing. She's shedding so much, I'd think she was going bald. Look how much fur I removed from her coat, even though I brushed her a week ago!


The weird thing is that Cabana would like nothing better than to EAT that whole pile of fur. Blecch! I can somewhat understand the appealing crunch factor of wanting to eat a piece of bark or even wanting to sample the flavor of a pebble--but I don't see WHAT could be desirable about having a big clod of your own fur in your throat. I know cats do it all the time, but they can't help it--it's just a byproduct of trying to be clean. There's no redeeming quality in eating fur just for the sake of eating it!

Note to self--don't wear black sweatpants the next time you decide to give Cabana a good brushing. It's just not a good idea.

Megan and Orleans  – (April 5, 2009 at 12:06 PM)  

Happy half birthday Cabana!! I have been brushing Fullerton religiously the last few weeks, he is shedding so bad. He is about 5 pounds lighter after each brushing too. :D I am not sure where all that hair is coming from.

Hobbes Dogs  – (April 5, 2009 at 2:45 PM)  

Happy half birthday Cabana!

Sometimes I brush my one dog outside (also a yellow lab) and he will try to chase all the hair that blows in the wind.

Elizabeth and Peyton  – (April 5, 2009 at 3:08 PM)  

Yellows sure have lots of fur to get rid of! I never believed it when people told me that blacks shed less, but I found it to be true. Happy half birthday to Cabana. It looks like she's enjoying relaxing in the sun. :)

Cassie & The Dogs  – (April 5, 2009 at 6:28 PM)  

Happy half Birthday again Cabana! We enjoyed spending your special day with you! Now, enjoy a nice Birthday nap! I'm sure you need it after your afternoon!

I knew I was getting a yellow lab when I got the call about Poppy! I had just gone shopping and ended up with 2 black shirts. ugh.

Brittany  – (April 5, 2009 at 6:56 PM)  

Happy Half Birthday Cabana!

I totally understand the ultra shedding. Patriot is going through that right now. I don't know what I would do without my Furminator!

Infrequent Flyers  – (April 5, 2009 at 8:12 PM)  

Hobbes Dog, I tried brushing Cabana outside last week--but she tried to chase her hair in the wind, too. Plus, there are still furballs in our yard that haven't escaped into the nether-regions. So I figured it's easier to make a mess indoors and then vacuum. Brittany--WHAT is a furminator? I'm going to have to google it.

OSU 98  – (April 6, 2009 at 5:59 AM)  

I use a a shedding blade on my girl and it never ceases to amaze me how much hair comes out of her. What is even more baffling to me is where is comes from - it seems I always pull the most hair out of her belly, of all places!!!

chloud9  – (April 6, 2009 at 10:55 AM)  

The Furminator is great, I use it all the time. I found the best deal on Amazon. Definitey worth the investment.

Carrie and Waffle  – (April 6, 2009 at 3:56 PM)  

Happy half birthday, humor your mom with the hair thing, mom's know best. As for a furmantor they work great my BFF uses all three on me. (shedding blade, furminator, and the zoom groom) I like them all. My BFF says the furminator gets down into the my undercoat and pulls off all my old and dead hair, it must work bc she has been muttering about knitting a sweater with my fur, and why not? I look good in it so would she.
lov Waffle

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP