Newsworthy Walk


A trainer for Guide Dogs for the Blind happens to live in my neighborhood. I met him and his wife and CC German shepherd about a month ago when I was out walking Cabana. This morning, I ran into him again. He's always very welcoming of questions, of which I have plenty.

Today, in the course of our conversation, I asked him which puppies he had been working with. He told me to give him some names, and he would tell me whether he knew them. So I mentioned Lani, and he said that yes! He had been her trainer! He glowed about what a great dog she is and about the extensive testing she had to undergo to be selected as a breeder. He said she was a very sweet little dog and was amazed that I happened to mention her! I guess dog blogs make the world a bit smaller.

He also said he had been working with Accord and even mentioned the kink in Accord's tail. He said Accord was doing FABULOUSLY, as was Alioto, Accord's sibling.

My mind blanked on the names of other pups IFT and questions I could have talked to the trainer about, but hopefully, I'll see him again before too long.

**ADDENDUM 5/25/09: I saw the trainer's wife the following morning and she kindly allowed me to snap a photo of Dillon, their German shepherd. But the trainer wasn't there, so no more questions or reports today.

Taelor, Pilaf, and Cartier  – (May 24, 2009 at 12:16 PM)  

Oooh,please please PLEASE, ask about my Frankie boy. =P I know he isn't really in training anymore, but. Oh well. =D

Sounds like a great experience. ^_^

Madison  – (May 24, 2009 at 12:36 PM)  

That sounds great! I love talking to the CCI Trainers as well!

Elizabeth and Peyton  – (May 24, 2009 at 12:40 PM)  

Wow, you're so lucky to live by a trainer!! That's great that the "A" boys are doing so well. They are such sweetie pies, as was their sister. :)

Carrie and Waffle  – (May 24, 2009 at 2:41 PM)  

WOW! thanks for the upadate, it is great to hear about her. Thanks for letting me know. It makes me happy to hear about her.

Cassie & The Dogs  – (May 25, 2009 at 12:45 PM)  

Yeah Accord!!! his kinky tail remains noteworthy - I love that tail! I agree with Carrie - it is so nice to hear about them!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP