Gnarlybone Contest - You Know You Want to Win!


Those Nylabones start out so smooth and pretty...but they get ugly in a matter of minutes! So let's have a Gnarlybone Contest. On your blog, post a photo of your rattiest, grossest, dirtiest Nylabone, then leave me a comment on this post so I know you are participating. I will send a prize to the winner. Entries must be posted by June 13, 2009 (that's next Saturday).

The PRIZE will be a 100% upcycled wool pocket treat pouch with belt clip, handmade by me. It's a great way to carry around a small handful of kibble. I have them in a rainbow of colors, so you can choose. I'll try to post a photo of one this week.

If you don't have an ugly Nylabone, here's a coupon to go out and buy one. Like I said, it only takes a short while for it to become a dangerously rough and disgusting thing, so everyone can participate!

P.S. I've never run a contest before, so please forgive me if I'm forgetting to do or say something. But please only use photos you have taken yourself, i.e. don't steal them from someone else off the internet (that's not nice). And of course, it's best if the photo is as clear and in focus as possible, so I can tell it's a Nylabone and not your mother-in-law or something like that. For simplicity, the toy must be a Nylabone, not some other brand of toy--but it can be any kind of non-edible Nylabone toy product.

Megan and Orleans  – (June 4, 2009 at 4:27 PM)  

Well, darn I just threw out my ugly nyla-bones and replaced them, I will have to see what I can dig up, I am sure there is a gnarly bone somewhere in the house. . . perhaps I will check under the couches first. . . :D May be a good opportunity to locate all those missing bones around the house too.

Erin  – (June 4, 2009 at 4:37 PM)  

Ooh this looks like fun, though our bones, are still in the "new" stage...if you can call it thtat...

Cassie & The Dogs  – (June 4, 2009 at 5:31 PM)  

Good thing I have some gnarley ones already! Poppy is on a no-nylabone diet until further notice (which may mean she will end up being on a "mom and dad's shoes diet" that won't be much fun either!) Now, I just have to go "shopping" under the couch! We do this before we actually make a trip to Petco for new bones - if we don't find any there, we continue with our planned trip. We typically don't make it to Petco for new bones...

Taelor, Pilaf, and Cartier  – (June 4, 2009 at 8:52 PM)  

Great idea! Sound like fun. =]

Can we "enter" more than one pic/ Gnarlybone? We have several, but they are all very chewed up. XP

Infrequent Flyers  – (June 4, 2009 at 9:43 PM)  

Taelor, sure, multiple entries are fine. The more, the merrier (and grosser)!!

Elizabeth and Peyton  – (June 4, 2009 at 11:14 PM)  

I have plenty of those! ;) I'll post mine tomorrow or something.

chloud9  – (June 5, 2009 at 8:58 AM)  

Well, I hate to say it but, I have never tried the nyla bones. I guess I must go get the boys a couple. Which are the best? Thanks

Unknown  – (June 5, 2009 at 10:51 AM)  

This is an odd comment ... I was directed to your blog by Becky Andrews. Would you be willing to tell me how you did your blog like this. Contest and all? My blogsite is www.acmzipperheadsunite.blogspot.com Maybe you can visit it and give me some pointers. Thank you.

Infrequent Flyers  – (June 5, 2009 at 11:23 AM)  

chloud9, Cabana hasn't met a Nylabone she didn't like. At GDB, we are only allowed to give our pups the non-flavored, hard plastic ones (not the flexible kind after that are over 4 mos old). On the Nylabone packaging, it rates the toy for "tough chewers" or "moderate chewers", and also gives sizing, depending on the weight of the dog.

Becky Andrews  – (June 5, 2009 at 2:03 PM)  

How fun. I'm going to look through Cricket's pile. She LOVES her nyla rings - do they count? The comment about under the couch - funny - Pantera used to always do that bury them in the couch - Cricket doesn't - she brings them to us.

Infrequent Flyers  – (June 5, 2009 at 2:09 PM)  

Becky, sure Nyla-rings count! Thanks for recommending me to Kelly. I'm more than happy to help out. She speaks so highly of you.

Emily and the Labradors  – (June 5, 2009 at 10:36 PM)  

This is too funny! I wish I had seen it earlier since I am headed out of town and have no time to find and photograph! I'll still post some pics in a week for your entertainment though, even if we can't enter!

Madison  – (June 6, 2009 at 9:21 AM)  

I will be posting my nylabone pictures at the bottom of the post I posted today!

~Madison

L^2  – (June 6, 2009 at 4:50 PM)  

What a fun idea for a contest! I just threw out Willow and Stella's worst looking Nylabones no too long ago too, but I'm sure I can find one around here somewhere. I'll have a photo up soon.

Hannah and Hayden  – (June 6, 2009 at 7:11 PM)  

I will upload my picture by like tomorrow. When they stop turning out a big blur.

Hobbes Dogs  – (June 8, 2009 at 6:10 PM)  

Great idea - our post is up!

http://hobbesdogs.blogspot.com/2009/06/june-8-2009.html

We're enjoying looking at everyone's gross bones too.

Ally and Eclipse  – (June 8, 2009 at 6:38 PM)  

Our pictures are up :-D http://raisingajoyoflad.blogspot.com/2009/06/gnarly-bones.html

You really should consider selling those, they're awesome!

Brittany  – (June 9, 2009 at 7:48 AM)  

Our pictures are up!

http://thrulabseyes.blogspot.com/2009/06/gnarlybones.html

It is so fun/gross looking at everyone's bones!

Katlynn and Ryder  – (June 9, 2009 at 4:13 PM)  

What a great, fun contest! I uploaded my pictures of my gnarly bones. I look foward to seeing who wins the cute treat pouch!

Carrie and Waffle  – (June 10, 2009 at 5:03 PM)  

just posted our picture. I had sweep out under the couches to find it.

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle  – (June 12, 2009 at 6:04 PM)  

Last minute entry! I posted pictures of mine, I really love that treat bag! :)

http://gdbpupchappelle.blogspot.com/2009/06/gnarlybone-contest.html

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP