A Horrible Virus

No, Cabana isn't sick (she's just sleepy because I accidentally woke her up by taking this photo), and no one in our family has the dreaded H1N1. It's my poor computer that has the VIRUS!! Grrrrr....What a waste of someone's knowledge and time to develop such mean-spirited beastly machinations to inflict upon the general populace.

My computer was infected about a week ago, and at first, all it did was put little x-rated icons all over my desktop. I would drag these little pictures of people's nether-regions into the trash, only to have them replaced with a new batch an hour or two later. But now, the virus has infiltrated all my executable files, meaning that none of my programs work anymore. I can't use Photoshop, Word, or even my email program. Thankfully, the internet still works, but at an excruciatingly slow pace.

Next week, I will be forced to reformat my hard drive and reinstall all my drivers and programs. Not a fun way to spend the day! So, I will have to wait until next week to catch up on everyone's blogs. This also explains my lack of activity on Cabana's blog.

Overall, Cabana has been doing well--and she's 13 months old today (but still hasn't gone into heat). She's officially on food protocol, which means that she gets tons of treats while we're on our walks (which we take out of her 4 cups of food per day so she won't get chubby, not that that's much of a concern at this point).

About halfway through our walk today, I noticed that Cabana was taking the kibble from my fingers SO gently. I thought, wow, that's so sweet how she's being so careful. Although Cabana is fairly good about taking the kibble nicely, she can get over-zealous when she's excited about something or someone (i.e. canine someones). But today, she just seemed extra, EXTRA careful.

Then, just as our walk was ending, I happened to look down at my hand and was shocked to see that my thumbnail was covered in blood! After a week of having my thumb and forefinger shoveling hundreds of pieces of kibble into Cabana's mouth, I guess the cuticle on my thumb had gotten a bit sore, and on our walk today, had split open.

Ha! No wonder Cabana was being so careful taking the kibble! She didn't want it seasoned with my blood! Gaahhh.

Deborah  – (November 5, 2009 at 5:10 PM)  

Bloody finger, YUKE! But Cabana is was so good not to hurt you! Cabana must have realized that. That was awesome.
My computer once had a virus just like that and I ended up getting a new one. It was totally trashed and I lost everything... That is too bad~

Cassie & The Dogs  – (November 5, 2009 at 8:25 PM)  

Ewww!! Sorry that your computer has a virus!! That must have been a shocker the first time you saw it!

As for your bloody cuticle... I think you have found the perfect way to get her to take easily! Just store some of that blood and dab it on before you go out to work Cabana! Viola! Problem of sore fingers solved!

Sarah and the Pack.  – (November 5, 2009 at 9:04 PM)  

Lol, I have had that happen too, during training sessions with Marley. All the sudden he starts taking treats really nice and yup, there it is.

That really sucks about your computer! My last laptop got a virus that ended up killing it. It just worked its way into every last aspect of the OS, and then it died.

Good luck with fixing and reformating! There will be lots of blogging updates waiting for you when you get back.

Ro  – (November 6, 2009 at 10:50 AM)  

Oh huge sigh of relief. When I read the subject I thought Cabana was sick. Then I thought you were sick, and I thought, yeah me too because I feel like a truck hit me today, but then when I read about your computer I thought ooooh nooooo. I'm fine with me being sick. But my computer? Yikes! I think I would seriously lose my mind. Does this mean I'm too dependent on my computer?

Glad to hear about Cabana's gentleness, and I hope your finger is better. Olive oil works nicely to keep cuticles hydrated, I like to use it in winter.

Hope your computer recovers soon!

PS - I keep forgetting to copy the cds. Out of site, out of mind, is my biggest issue. Hopefully I'll remember this weekend.

Becky Andrews  – (November 8, 2009 at 5:11 PM)  

Oh, hope your computer and your finger get feeling well soon. That is so frustrating. Sweet Cabana being so careful. I loved taking my beautiful purse you made to the Guide Dog Luncheon! I took a picture with it showing so you could see :D I'll post when we get home.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP