Show and Tell

Today, Cabana and I went to a fairly new store in our area called Pet Club. Do they have these in other parts of the US? It's cheaper than most other pet stores like Petco, but you can't use credit cards, only cash and checks. It's so nice that Cabana can still go into pet stores. Today, she was complimented by a woman in line behind us who raved about how well-behaved Cabana was. I said, well yeah, except that she's a "flunkee". ;)

Cabana in a down position, with a little blue monster ball in front of her; the monster's smiling mouth is an opening for food to be inserted and shaken outBased on some of the comments from my previous posts, I bought this adorable little blue "monster" ball (makes me think of Halle Berry). We saved out a 1/2 cup of Cabana's dinner and gave it to her in the monster ball. She had a lot of fun, pushing it around with her nose and gobbling up the trail of kibble.

Cabana biting the nose off a stuffed hedgehogAt Poppy's raiser's suggestion, I bought a stuffed hedgehog. It is SO cute! Or should I say, it WAS so cute. Cabana went straight for the nose, and now it's like a deteriorating Roman statue--you know how a lot of old statues are missing the nose? This hedgehog doesn't "fart" like Carrie's (didn't Carrie mention something about a farting hedgehog at some point?), but it does squeak. Cabana will squeak it on cue. We say, "Cabana, squeak it!" And she makes it squeak. Of course, she might make it squeak even if we didn't give the command, but hey, humor me.

Cabana biting the stomach of the stuffed hedgehogShe hasn't pulled out the stuffing yet. Still, when she has the hedgie, she is required to be on her bed, which is right behind my computer chair, so I can see what she's up to.

Cabana also got a new RED collar--hotsy totsy! I felt a bit sad taking off the black collar with the Guide Dogs identification on it, engraved with her sweet little tattoo number, 4T90. Sigh.

Lauren  – (December 8, 2009 at 8:59 PM)  

Pet Club is probably my favorite pet store. I find that the prices are much cheaper, especially on Science Diet. I was just there last night, browsing their wide selection of Nylabones, Kongs, and sterilized bones. I think the chain is mainly in the bay area.

Carrie and Waffle  – (December 8, 2009 at 11:11 PM)  

farting hedgehogs, giraffes, mallards all top our list of favorite toys. we like to use the food cube as well, but watch out one time she rolled it someplace that took us a week to find. silly labbie

Coreena  – (December 9, 2009 at 12:25 AM)  

Hey Mimi! Nice choice on the hedgie! Hedgies have become a staple in our home, we have a couple in different sizes. All three dogs love them and sometimes I catch the cat playing with them too!

Lisa and pups  – (December 9, 2009 at 4:24 AM)  

Never heard of Pet Club - sounds like it would be a fun store to have! Looks like she is enjoying all her new toys. I've also never seen that monster toy - looks like Ellie might like that one! :D

OSU 98  – (December 9, 2009 at 5:43 AM)  

It was indeed Waffle who offered Chelsie her farting hedgehog when she had to get her staples put back in her leg. I politely informed Waffle that NO farting hedgehogs would be allowed in our house. :)

Heather and Kelly  – (December 9, 2009 at 5:59 AM)  

Ellie has a hedgie too!

I got it at Wal-mart, and it looks only a little different than the one Cabana has.

And yes, it's little upright nose is her favorite part, but so far I've made sure it stays on.

Ellie's hedgie has a really nice squeak--not the usual dog toy squeak but more of a squonk sort of like a groan. She loves to squeak it on command too.

Brandon - The dog with a blog  – (December 9, 2009 at 6:43 AM)  

Those toys look pawesome!
The last picture is real cute:)

Toby's Trainer
SEGDI Raiser

Sarah and the Pack.  – (December 9, 2009 at 7:36 AM)  

We dont have a Pet Club here, but it sounds like alot of fun! My dogs' favorite noise toy is the mallard. Everyone has one of their own, but it is a VERY supervised toy as they love to rip out the 'guts'.

Ro  – (December 9, 2009 at 5:12 PM)  

She's not a flunky; she decided she didn't want to leave you ;)

I've never heard of that store. How great there is still a place she can go, and gotta love those compliments!!!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP