Spanx for Dogs?

Cabana wearing a tan lingerie-type lycra band over her midsectionBefore you all think I've gone over the edge with the chubby dog issue, Cabana is not wearing Spanx or the Kymaro Body Shaper!

The e-collar is an ordeal to get off and on, since it attaches to her flat collar--plus it makes Cabana go a bit bonkers, which is not desirable at this point. So this morning, I made her a soft lycra knit "belly band" to cover her incision, just for a short amount of time when I can't keep an eye on her. It's a simple tube of stretchy fabric with elastic on the top to help it stay in place. I was glad to be able to use materials I already had on hand, and it took less than 5 minutes to make.

Cabana doesn't seem to mind wearing it one bit. And it gave me peace of mind while I was in the shower this morning.

cabana sitting on the sidewalk with the sun rising behind herWe went for a very early walk this morning, hoping to minimize the number of dog meetings, which would be too exciting for Cabana. The sky was all pink as the sun rose, and then voila, a big orange sun! Cabana wanted to run, or at least walk really fast--but she finally got the idea that we were going to keep a leisurely pace. I can tell that inside, she's saying, "Why so slow? I've got a need for speed!" But the only thing we want to be speedy for now is, hopefully, her recovery.

Becky Andrews  – (December 18, 2009 at 11:47 AM)  

Okay, that is super clever! You could market that one. Glad she is doing well - and thanks for your comment. Yes, 4 weeks - I'm not supposed to even pull my gums back to have someone take a peek at it and move it in anyway.

OSU 98  – (December 18, 2009 at 12:01 PM)  

How someone can think she is "pudgy" is beyond me. She looks really cute in her little belly band. :)

Natalie  – (December 18, 2009 at 5:09 PM)  

lol I like this, you should let your kids decorate it.. like its her cast :)

Cassie & The Dogs  – (December 18, 2009 at 5:28 PM)  

Cute! Instead of using her normal collar to secure the e-collar, take a strip of fabric and tie it on. Generally, I see them tied with strips of gauze, but any fabric will work. Tie it tight enough that it won't pull off. That's all :) Hopefully, she can learn to sleep peacefully in the e-collar at night!

Kengiboo  – (December 19, 2009 at 12:33 AM)  

You are SO inventive and creative! WOW! What a great device. You could definitely market this!

The sunrise looks gorgeous.

Sierra Rose  – (December 20, 2009 at 9:52 PM)  

Hi Cabana!! We know you will heal soon. Just don't try the zoomies or speedies for a while, ok?! I snuck in a few of those, but did just fine. Love the sunrise photo.

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP