Six Words for Cabana

very close up shot of cabana curled up in a circle with her paw folding under her chin, you can see her eye whiskers, is that what they're called?
Author Patricia McConnell's dog, Lassie, passed away a couple days ago. In her post about it, she refers to Hemingway's shortest story, just 6 words long: For sale. Baby shoes. Never worn.

She then adds her 6-word tribute to Lassie: French vanilla. Ice cream. Summer day.

I shed a few tears as I read the 6-word tributes left by over 250 commenters on her blog. They were so clever and touching and inspired me to try a 6-word story about Cabana. Sweet surprise. Care taker. Heart melter.

What are your dog's 6 words?

Ro  – (February 1, 2010 at 6:59 AM)  

Mystery. Future eyes. Absolutely in love.

Infrequent Flyers  – (February 1, 2010 at 7:09 AM)  

Wow Ro, that's so perfect for "Insert"!!! Only 2 weeks to go!

Brandon - The dog with a blog  – (February 1, 2010 at 7:36 AM)  

Hard worker, child like, loving & kind.

Pawsome 6 words!

Golden Samantha  – (February 1, 2010 at 8:16 AM)  

"Curious. Generous. Eyes beg belly rubs." Must go over to Lassie's blog. Leaky just reading about it.
Hugs xo
Sammie

OSU 98  – (February 1, 2010 at 10:08 AM)  

Mommy's princess, loving, faithful, loyal companion.

Kari in Alaska  – (February 1, 2010 at 12:04 PM)  

oh my, they change every day!
Baily- Cuddle Bug, Cant hold her licker
Mesa- Block Head, Ball Obsessed, Loving Eyes

I dont know big carl enough yet

Becky Andrews  – (February 1, 2010 at 12:41 PM)  

Okay ... they just beeped to tell me my next client is ready! But pondering my six words ... My Eyes. Selfless. Tender Heart. Silly.

Cassie & The Dogs  – (February 1, 2010 at 12:43 PM)  

So hard!! Dagan would be Sweet spirit. Lap warmer. Food monger. But he could also be: Eager pleaser. Cuddle bunny. Always starving.

Poppy is Boundless energy. Smile inducer. Limit tester.

Anonymous –   – (February 2, 2010 at 1:23 PM)  

Sweet loving, caring beautiful, funny fluffy

MK  – (February 2, 2010 at 11:17 PM)  

Wow, this is a neat idea. For my main pup, his six would be, "Bright. Regal Exuberance. Squeak. Ball. Heart."

Hope you don't mind me adding you to my blog list. I raised 3 puppies for The Seeing Eye, have 2 back with me, 1 I'm training for Search & Rescue. If you'd like to read my blog, just let me know. :-)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP