Sleeping Buddy

cabana awakened by my camera while I try to take a photo of her sleeping on her dog bed with a little sock monkey tucked next to her, the sun is making a geometric shape on cabana's foreheadCabana got some very fun birthday presents from her friends. But her favorite is this sock monkey from Maggie and Susan. Okay, maybe it's really MY favorite.

Unfortunately, Cabana likes to open and destuff her soft toys, so in order to keep the sock monkey intact, I'm only letting Cabana have it when she's napping. Any pugnacity results in removal of said sock monkey. Hey, someone's gotta protect the sock.

Things have been quiet around here for the past few weeks. But next week, Cabana and I go in for our therapy dog evaluations. I've been preparing Cabana by walking around with open umbrellas, lots of puppy handling, and "leave its" with strewn kibble on the floor. Cabana SEEMS ready, but who knows how she'll react in an unfamiliar environment. But however it goes, it will be a great learning experience, and I'm looking forward to it.

OSU 98  – (October 21, 2010 at 11:50 AM)  

I think..no wait, I AM SURE, you will be pleasantly suprised at how Miss Cabana flies through her evaluations. I AM SURE you will be pleasantly surprised at just what a GREAT THERAPY DOG Cabana will be. Maybe you are the kick I need to get back to our volunteering!

Sierra Rose  – (October 21, 2010 at 12:31 PM)  

Hi ya sleepy!! Love the barkday sock buddy! Definitely looks pretty cute intact :) Hope the evaluation goes well! How fun! We're signed up for Recall Madness at the MHS in Nov. I think I am pretty good at recalls by now, but always enjoy these classes!

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

JacksDad  – (October 21, 2010 at 12:48 PM)  

I had to do the same thing with the bomible snowman, but he still found a way to put a hole in it! :)

Golden Samantha  – (October 21, 2010 at 4:04 PM)  

I can't wait to hear how you and Cabana do on this evaluation - we'd like to know about all the things she is required to do!!! That picture of C. napping by her sock monkey knocks OUR socks off - gorgeous!!! And wonderful toy - yeah... I wouldn't want that ruined either!
Hugs xoxoxo
Sammie and Avalon

Martha G  – (October 21, 2010 at 6:08 PM)  

How exciting about the evaluations! You and Cabana will do great!

Becky Andrews  – (October 22, 2010 at 6:32 AM)  

Oh sweet, Cabana. Good luck with the test. You both will do awesome!

Kari in Alaska  – (October 22, 2010 at 7:28 PM)  

that toy is so cute I really wish we could have those in our house!

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP