K-9 Carnival

Today, Cabana and I went to a K-9 Carnival, where we met up with blog pals Sierra Rose and Sammie & Avalon. There were wading pools, an obstacle course, raffle prizes, a barbecue, and a Q&A session with Trish King, the director of Behavior & Training at the Marin Humane Society.

roped off area in the grass where golden retriever Samantha and her handler are preparing to demonstrate heelingThey also had an obedience demonstration, starring Sammie, who did a perfect job. Woo hoo, way to go, Sammie! I learned a lot just by watching.

There were dogs of many different breeds, shapes and sizes....
lots of human legs with dogs around them, including border collie, a westie and a black dog of some sort
a fawn colored greyhound dog
In a previous Tuesday Topic, I shared about Cabana being fearful at new parks. Today, she wasn't quite as playful as she is at our usual park, but she did just fine. I'm sure it helped that she knew Sierra Rose and Sammie from previous play dates. But she played with lots of other dogs, too.

cabana standing inside a blue blow-up swimming pool with a silvery weimaraner on the outside of the pool

C'mon, Mr. Silver, I'll share the pool with you.


cabana looking at a bernese mountain dog puppy
Hey, you look just like my friend Bayla!


But Cabana's favorite activity was playing chase with Sierra Rose and Avalon.
yellow agility tunnel in background with golden retriever Sierra Rose standing next to cabana with a stuffed duck toy in her mouth
sierra with duck toy being chased by cabana and golden retriever puppy avalon, all running to the left
sierra rose with duck toy being chased by just cabana, running to the right
close up of cabana standing by herself with duck toy

Thanks to everyone who commented on my Tuesday Topic about doggy doors last week. I have ordered one, and it should arrive next week. Based on the hesitations of many commenters, after the initial few weeks of Cabana getting used to using the door, I think I will limit its use somewhat to when I need to be gone for a long period of time. That's my thinking at the moment, but I reserve the right to change my mind!

Emma Rose  – (November 6, 2010 at 7:41 PM)  

That looks like a blast! I didn't know you lived by Sammie and Sierra rose. How fun!!!

Kisses,
Emma Rose

Becky Andrews  – (November 6, 2010 at 8:56 PM)  

Sounds like a very fun day for you both! Cricket had some great play time in Portland with her 'friends'. They need play time, too. I think you will find the doggy door a nice option.

Lauren  – (November 6, 2010 at 10:14 PM)  

That looks like a lot of fun! I love that last picture of Cabana- what a happy girl :)

Sierra Rose  – (November 7, 2010 at 12:24 AM)  

What a fun event!! Loved that pool! We got so much fantastic running in, I've been tired since then!!! Thanks so much for coming. We took lots of great pix too :) Hope we can connect again soon!

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

Kari in Alaska  – (November 7, 2010 at 5:44 AM)  

Looks like it was a great event!

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Golden Samantha  – (November 7, 2010 at 7:46 AM)  

THANK YOU for letting me take a look at what really was happening - the scene!!! Hard with family, Moms, babies - really enjoyed seeing Cabana have fun with new pals - we even recognized several - Avalon slept beautifully last night!!! Wow, was she tired too! Thanks soooo much for coming - it was great to see you - would love to come up there without so many distractions for moi!!! Give Cabana hugs!

xoxoxooxox
Sammie and Avalon

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP