True Confessions

I'm feeling guilty, so I've decided to come clean. About a month ago, I posted our Christmas card photo, which we also had printed up and sent out to friends and relatives. Here it is again, to refresh your memory.

Some readers may have thought, "Wow, what a nice photo. Isn't Cabana such a good dog, so cooperative, to sit so nicely and look at the camera?" (Okay, maybe you weren't thinking that at all, but just humor me.)

Truth be told, it was all smoke and mirrors, a.k.a. PhotoShop.

This is what the real photo looked like. Because we didn't have a photographer or willing friend handy, I set my camera up on tripod and used the timer function. My family members would hold their pose while I composed the shot, then I would run to my designated spot, and the shutter would go off. But as you can see from the photo above, when I'd run to my spot, Cabana would turn to look at me.

She did this every time.

EACH. AND. EVERY. TIME!!!

Finally, we gave up and tried another tactic. In this photo, my plan was to PhotoShop myself into the frame. But instead, I ended up lifting Cabana out of this photo and inserting her into the other one. Two imperfect photos that, when combined, became a good-enough-for government-work photo.

Kari in Alaska  – (January 27, 2011 at 3:34 PM)  

haha its ok :) We never would have known if you hadn't told us

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Hobbes Dogs  – (January 27, 2011 at 3:49 PM)  

I wouldn't have known if you hadn't told! It's a great picture, photoshopped or not.

Maggie Mae and Max  – (January 27, 2011 at 4:49 PM)  

It is still a great photo! :)

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

Cassie & The Dogs  – (January 27, 2011 at 7:24 PM)  

Love it!! None of us would have ever known!

JacksDad  – (January 27, 2011 at 8:03 PM)  

Oh I love it!!! What a wonderful post!!

Becky Andrews  – (January 29, 2011 at 3:58 PM)  

Glad you came clean :) You are amazing!

D.K. Wall  – (January 30, 2011 at 2:32 AM)  

Alls fair in love and dog pictures - or something like that.

Sierra Rose  – (January 31, 2011 at 8:37 PM)  

That's awesome!!!! LOVE the photos of Cabana looking back at you. I think in our tripod photos a month or so ago, when I would run to get into the photo, I would have to hold Sierra's head forward to look at the camera and not me! :)

Sweet hugs,
Sierra Rose

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP