Cork Dog Journals

This past week, I made these cork covered journals with dog silhouettes. The covers are made from a thin layer of cork with a fabric backing. The dogs are made of dark brown cork. Each dog is cut by hand, which my sore left hand can attest to!

Cork is very eco-friendly because cork trees can be re-harvested every 8-10 years. No trees are cut down in the process.

I had fun deciding which breeds to make, but some of the fluffier breeds don't translate well as silhouettes.

I had to stand on a bench to get a good shot of my journals. During my photo shoot, Cabana came over to supervise. Ha ha, my striped socks are showing.

If you want to purchase a journal, I have them posted in my Etsy store. Blog readers can get free shipping by entering this code: oursforayear.

Ally and Eclipse  – (March 19, 2011 at 11:39 AM)  

THose are so cool! Very nicely done! :-D

Amber-Mae  – (March 19, 2011 at 11:45 AM)  

Those are REALLY nice! You are very creative.

Becky Andrews  – (March 19, 2011 at 12:00 PM)  

You know how I love your beautiful cork purses! I am off to your store. Love them. I'm hoping you have a pug one?

Kari in Alaska  – (March 19, 2011 at 12:30 PM)  

beautiful!

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

D.K. Wall  – (March 19, 2011 at 5:43 PM)  

WE "fluffy" dogs cause a lot of problems - grins.

Hobbes Dogs  – (March 19, 2011 at 6:55 PM)  

Beautiful!!

I've been having fun with silhouettes this week too, trying to find labs for the quilt I'm working on. It's hard to pick just the right one that looks good, but is still simple enough for an amateur quilter like myself. :)

Martha G  – (March 20, 2011 at 8:44 AM)  

I love these, Mimi! I must order one when I get back to town!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP