Yesterday, My Life was Filled with Rain

This afternoon, I was busy upstairs working until it was time to pick the girls up at school. Cabana usually rides along with me in the car, but I couldn't find her in any of her usual places. Finally, I looked out the window into our backyard, and there I found her, sunbathing on the chaise lounge. (FYI, did you know the actual correct term is "chaise longue"? Weird, huh?)

After about 2 weeks of daily rain, Cabana is pretty smart to take advantage of this sunny day. We installed our doggy door last November, but Cabana has never really made much use of it. Sure, she uses it to do her business like a champ, but she always comes right back inside. Now I see that she was just waiting for spring to enjoy the full measure of freedom the doggy door gives her.

In honor of the happy fact that the AccuWeather dog walking forecast is giving us 8's for the rest of the week, even though it's really corny, I'll end my post as I began it, with these lyrics:

Oh, the dark days are done, and the bright days are here,
My sunny one shines so sincere,
Oh, sunny one so true, I love you.

K9-CRAZY  – (March 28, 2011 at 5:33 PM)  

OMG, I thought something bad had happened until I read further!

Min  – (March 28, 2011 at 5:56 PM)  

Bella always insists on coming right back inside after going potty. It's so nice to catch her sunbathing every now and then and enjoying the fresh air.

Martha G  – (March 28, 2011 at 8:00 PM)  

Cabana in her cabana. She just needs a pool.

I sure hope we get a sun break up here soon!

JacksDad  – (March 28, 2011 at 8:54 PM)  

Jack used to use the lounge, but now he's more of a laying on the grass type of guy! :)

Jen  – (March 29, 2011 at 4:42 AM)  

That's the perfect place for a labby to hang!! Sophie loves to find sunny places too, to lounge in and if I had a chair like that, she'd be in it for sure!! She's been known to nap in my Hammock, LOL!

Jen and the Black Dog Crew

Beth and Alfie  – (March 29, 2011 at 6:33 AM)  

Cabana's quite a sunbathing beauty!

OSU 98  – (March 29, 2011 at 8:33 AM)  

She is working on her early spring suntan. :)

Kari in Alaska  – (March 29, 2011 at 9:49 AM)  

Smart girl :)

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Sierra Rose  – (March 29, 2011 at 7:25 PM)  

Great photos of Cabana on 'her' lounger!! Mom & I did a sunny day drive out to Pt. Reyes this morning...spectacular views and wonderful to see some blue'ish skies for a change!!!
Hope to catch up with you soon :)

Sweet hugs,
Sierra Rose

Becky Andrews  – (March 29, 2011 at 10:34 PM)  

What a life! Love it. Enjoy! We are off to San Diego and sunshine. Yes!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP