Cabana is a Young Adult

Happy 3rd birthday to Cabana! Translated into human years, that means she's 21, an official young adult. I guess Cabana isn't considered a puppy anymore, but that's okay--I look forward to each age and stage.

One thing Cabana is bound to never outgrow is her love of edibles. I figured why mess with toys and special outings, when what Cabana loves best of all is eating, plain and simple. So we started her birthday off with a special treat of canned Natural Balance (Duck and Sweet Potato), mixed in with her kibble. Here, Cabana waits patiently to be released to chow down.

I always reserve a handful of kibble from Cabana's breakfast to put in her treat ball. On the occasions when I forget to do the treat ball, Cabana knows how to remind me with a nudge and a head turn in the direction of the empty treat ball.

We took our usual trip to the park, where Cabana always thinks the party is for her. Today, I brought some big dog treats to give out in honor of Cabana's special day. Not my smartest idea ever--I left the park with more than the usual amount of dog slobber and muddy pawprints on my clothes. Hope that won't be repeated tomorrow, and every day following!

Happy birthday to sweet Cabana, the best dog I could ever hope for. How did we get so lucky? I don't know what I'd do without her in my life right now.

Anonymous –   – (October 5, 2011 at 3:59 PM)  

Happy Birthday Cabana!!!

Dexter  – (October 5, 2011 at 4:26 PM)  

Happy Birthday little one. You are all grown up now for sure.

You know, I think loving foodables is a labrathing.

Slobbers,
Mango

Min  – (October 5, 2011 at 6:52 PM)  

Happy Birthday, Cabana! Also, those are some really great pictures, Mimi!

Martha G  – (October 5, 2011 at 7:55 PM)  

Cabana, you're so purdy! I'm glad you enjoyed your special day.

JacksDad  – (October 5, 2011 at 8:29 PM)  

A most happy birthday! And many many more to come!

Kari in Alaska  – (October 6, 2011 at 1:51 PM)  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Kari
dogisgodinreverse.com

Briana  – (October 6, 2011 at 2:52 PM)  

Happy birthday Cabana and congratulations to all of her peoples! What a beautiful girl!

Anonymous –   – (October 6, 2011 at 4:43 PM)  

Hi there friend, I've made a blog post wich title is "Don't Abandon Your Pets... Hachiko". And I would be really grateful if you just take a look at it... So if it's not asking to much, just take a quick look at it, thank you! :)

http://midnightconceiver.blogspot.com/2011/10/dont-abandon-your-pets.html

P.s: Cabana is such a cute dog! :)

Anonymous –   – (October 6, 2011 at 7:41 PM)  

Happy birthday, beautiful! Don't drink too much moonshine, you probably have a big day planned tomorrow :)

Tessa99999  – (October 13, 2011 at 9:00 AM)  

Happy 3rd Birthday Cabana! Also Mimi, your photography is looking amazing lately! I'm very jealous! It's so lovely!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP