Treasure Island

Despite having lived in the San Francisco Bay area for over 20 years, I had never been to Treasure Island until today. My older daughter and I, along with Cabana, braved the rain-soaked roads to see if we could find any treasures at the dog-friendly Treasure Island Flea Market.

cabana wearing bright yellow raincoat, standing in front of bright yellow nesquik truck, the truck has a bashed up side, about 4 feet long, with black remainder marksCabana wore her yellow raincoat, for protection from the elements and for looking cute (more for the latter than the former). Nesquik was at the event, giving away free chocolate milk. Too bad Cabana can't have a taste, but she sure matches the truck, down to the black line along the bottom. Except that Cabana hasn't been side-swiped, which is more than I can say about the truck.

cabana in her raincoat, sitting in front of a crowded flea market table, she is looking off to the side and you can see the whites of her eyesThe rain didn't keep too many people away. The historic World's Fair building was packed, making shopping, especially with a 55-pound dog, a bit of a challenge. Here, Cabana seems to be looking around to make sure no one is going to step on her tail.

cabana sitting on pavement in a covered flea market booth with aisles of socks on both sides of herOutside, the booths were much less congested, and we were able to shop our socks off. The socks were a great deal, and my daughter and I each bought 4 pair. (After seeing these photos, I realize more than ever that Cabana's raincoat is too small for her. See her scruff bulging out the top? I recently bought some fabric to make her a better one, but we've had so little rain until now. Once I make the new raincoat, we'll likely have clear skies for months.)

four pair of socks, one plain black, one with flowers, and two with adorable dogs woven inTwo of my serious sock selections are made of the softest organic cotton, mmmmm. The other two, I couldn't resist--how can I call myself a dog-lover and not have at least a couple pairs of dog-themed socks? I guess it's true what they say about one man's treasure....

grace  – (March 24, 2012 at 2:58 PM)  

I'm so glad you bought socks! I know your daughter was looking to get some when she last came to LA, and we ran out of time. . . I really like the socks you selected -- I'm so surprised they had organic cotton at a flea market! Er, the dog themed ones are cute, but I doubt I'd ever wear them. . .

Beth and Alfie  – (March 24, 2012 at 5:53 PM)  

tee hee, fun socks! Must be fun to have dog-friendly events like that...Cabana looked like she was having a good time, chocolate milk or no! ;-)

Becky Andrews  – (March 24, 2012 at 7:21 PM)  

So cute that she matches the truck. Sounds like my kind of fun :).

Min  – (March 25, 2012 at 7:23 PM)  

My first thought when I saw those socks were "CUTE!" and then I thought about how lovely yellow Lab fur will look all over them. ;)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP