Happy Five Months to Cabana

Cabana turned 5 months old today. I remember bringing her home in mid-December, standing outside in the cold for hours, trying to get her to do her business, taking her for walks pre-dawn since the sun doesn't come up until so late in the winter. I was really looking forward to the age and weather that we would experience today--with Cabana old enough to know what's expected of her, how to do her business quickly and able to walk a few miles with me without tiring. And to enjoy the warmth and sunshine and the longer days of spring.

Well, we haven't had MUCH warmth or sunshine lately, since it has rained here every day for at least two weeks straight. But today, I think it's actually going to be a nice sunny day! Woo hoo!

Here's a video clip of Cabana, doing her "happy dance", the cute little turns she does while my husband prepares her breakfast. She's so excited, but she also manages to contain herself. And she has the "wait" before eating down solid.

Madison  – (March 5, 2009 at 8:03 AM)  

She's so cute! I love her little dance! :)

Megan and Orleans  – (March 5, 2009 at 4:28 PM)  

Happy 5 month Day Cabana!! That video is darling! She is much better than my big dufus. :D He does not control himself and we continue to work on it. :D Good girl Cabana. :)

Infrequent Flyers  – (March 5, 2009 at 6:49 PM)  

Thanks, Megan and Madison! Cabana is great with "wait" but won't do "down" for anything--it's funny how one dog is good at one thing and not another. I'm sure Fullerton has plenty of other good behaviors!

Brittany  – (March 5, 2009 at 10:34 PM)  

Happy 5 month day! I am finally able to comment on your blog! My laptop doesn't really like to keep me logged into blogger, but today it cooperated. It is great to so another GDB raiser with a blog. I don't raise right now, and probably wont for a couple years at least. I have my two cc'd pups though!

I think it is great when they finally learn that "wait" for their meals. No more wrestling with them while preparing breakfast/dinner.

Anonymous –   – (March 6, 2009 at 2:54 PM)  

She's so cuuuuuuuuuuuute! Reminds me of how my Fossey (GDB guide) would have been as a pup.

Handsome Huey  – (March 7, 2009 at 3:58 PM)  

I laughed out loud watching her little dance! She is so GOOD. You guys are doing such a great job!

Becky Andrews  – (March 8, 2009 at 8:17 PM)  

She is adorable! How fun to read your blog and as a guide dog user - thank you SO much for all you are doing ... you puppy raisers are ANGELS.

3 labs 4 me  – (March 9, 2009 at 10:13 AM)  

I have a labrador that does a happy dance every time I prepare her meal. She is 9 yrs. old & a career change from GDB. Cute video.

Infrequent Flyers  – (March 9, 2009 at 10:19 AM)  

2labs4me, your comment makes me so happy, to think that Cabana might still be doing her happy dance at 9 years old. I hope our dogs never outgrow it!

Tabatha  – (March 16, 2009 at 10:55 PM)  

ha ha thats to cute!! I love the dance!!!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP