I Must Be Noise Sensitive

Thanks to all the puppy raisers who responded to my sleeping question in my previous post! I'm so impressed by the supportive community of blogging puppy raisers out there. Being so new to this, I am so glad to have found you all as a resource.

It seems that the consensus is that everybody has their puppy sleep in their bedroom, and that it's preferable to have them sleep on a dog bed, if the puppy is cooperative.

I guess I will need to decide if we want to have Cabana sleep in our room. However, aside from the snoring issue, I'm also married--and I don't know how comfortable I feel with having a "spectator", if you catch my drift. Maybe that's something you also get used to?? Do the inhibitions fade away?

I must be very noise sensitive, since the snoring is such an issue with me. Another noise that drives me crazy is the clinking and tinkling of Cabana's dog tags. Even though the sound helped me to know where Cabana was and to a degree what she was doing, I would still rather not hear that sound all day. So I made a little vinyl sleeve to go over the tags.




Cabana's tags can slide out of the side if she gets lost or anyone needs proof of her rabies vaccination. If I hadn't been so lazy, I would have changed the thread color to something lighter. But aesthetics aside, it does the trick!

Madison  – (March 4, 2009 at 6:15 PM)  

Hi my name is Madison and I am raising Canine Companions for Independence puppy Andros. Since Andros only has 2 tag I put Velcro sticky stuffy on the back of each and they stick together but could be removed! Your idea is great though! I enjoy reading your blog!

Megan and Orleans  – (March 4, 2009 at 6:21 PM)  

Yep, I can't stand the clinking of the puppy tags either. I will usually leave them on until I trust the puppy so I can know where the pup is, but once they have gained that trust I bind up those tags and stop the jingle. (It is especially embarassing in a quiet meeting when the pup takes an opportunity to give a good shake and make SO much noise) Sorry, but I can't help you on the married front as I am single and don't have to worry about that. :D And, yep, I love having such a wonderful network of raisers in the blog-o-sphere. It is great to be able to get questions answered and help other raisers as well.

Infrequent Flyers  – (March 4, 2009 at 6:54 PM)  

Megan and Madison--I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like the clinking. But next time, I'm doing the Velcro--much easier and less noticeable. Thank you for the tip!

Anna  – (March 7, 2009 at 11:38 AM)  

Call me weird, but I've always kind of liked hearing the tags. I love knowing where my pups are. But I do use the tag silencers so that they don't make TOO much noise.

And I'm not married either, but I didn't like changing, etc. in front of my pup at first, but I got used to it and Arturo just loved his bed so much that he would just curl up on it and sleep. Although in the morning I'd turn over and see a cute puppy face on the edge of my bed. And if he was close enough, I'd get a few kisses before he got me out of bed. Nothing quite as good to wake up to as an adorable puppy face and kisses, in my opinion. :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP