Our Puppy Compadres

Last night, our puppy raising group met in the downtown area of my little hometown. We walked across bridges over water (not troubled water, unless troubled means dirty), up and down stairs, and through bustling sidewalks. I brought my camera and took photos of all the pups in training (except I forgot to take a photo of Cabana). We were missing Persia, but here's all the other pups in our group.

Handsome Hamlin--I think he might be the oldest in our group. He's a big fellow with gorgeous eyes. He'd be good to squish, don't you think, Poppy?


Newcomer Morrissey the Golden, in a folded up position.


Tara (left) and Cherish (right), checking each other out. Tara is just a week older than Cabana, and Cherish was our introduction to puppy raising (we got to puppy sit her during our application process).


Here's another of Cherish, all stretched out on the sidewalk.


And Cabana's buddy, Poppy, with her starry eyes and perpetual smile.

Becky Andrews  – (April 22, 2009 at 9:31 AM)  

Oh, so sweet - looks like Cabana has some great friends! Sounds like great practice and experience for when they become guides!

Cassie & The Dogs  – (April 22, 2009 at 12:09 PM)  

You are right! Hamlin has a particularly good face for squishing. My face, on the other hand, is not so good. Without an excess of skin, my face gets squished to a point where my eyes get lost! While I enjoy the smooching part, I do like to be able to see.

And, to my adoring public, I must assure you that, despite appearances, I am not smiling and pooping in that picture! I was just so excited that my bottom wouldn't stick to the ground. I must work on that!

Infrequent Flyers  – (April 22, 2009 at 1:27 PM)  

Ha ha! I guess Poppy DOES look a little like she's pooping! Oops, I didn't notice that before. Hopefully, it doesn't cause Poopy jokes.

Kimberly  – (April 23, 2009 at 9:39 AM)  

wow you are great to be a doggy trainer. I would get soo attached it'd be hard to say good bye.. I admire you.... come see my doggy :) her name is Bell she's a 7 month old Weimaraner :)

Taelor, Pilaf, and Cartier  – (April 24, 2009 at 11:29 AM)  

Awww, adorable pictures!!! It's raly too bad Persia wasn't there, she is Pilaf's sister! You should take some pictures for me next time you see her. *wink, wink.*

Sounds like a great outing!

Infrequent Flyers  – (April 24, 2009 at 1:42 PM)  

Taelor, I'd be happy to take some pics of Persia next time. It's always fun to compare siblings. I wish I knew where even ONE of Cabana's siblings are!!

Kay  – (April 26, 2009 at 7:22 PM)  

I bet it is really hard to give up the dog after your year is up, although it is for a wonderful cause. It would be like giving up a family member.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP