Fondness for Kids


Yesterday (Saturday), we stopped at a school playground that's on one of our walking routes. I took a tip from Lisa & Ellie and snapped this photo of Cabana at the top of a slide. I love Cabana's quizzical look and raised eyebrow in this photo.

Cabana was fine with walking around on the equipment and on the spongy playground surface. Sometimes we pass this playground when school is in session and the kids are out at recess. I hope she'll end up in a home with primary school kids because I can tell how much she adores them.

Also yesterday, we went to Target. A little girl (maybe 8-years old) was with her dad there, and I heard them talking about Cabana as we passed. The dad was explaining that Cabana is training to be a guide dog. I smiled at them, but we didn't stop. About 10 minutes later, Cabana must have recognized the same girl and her dad coming in our direction from way down the central aisle of the store. On her own, Cabana immediately plopped herself into a sit, looking straight at the little girl. It was like Cabana was saying, "I'm ready and doing what I'm supposed to so that THIS TIME you will stop and pet me!" The girl did stop and was captivated by Cabana, who was very sweet and let herself be petted without any rambunctiousness. It was an "awwww" moment.

Becky Andrews  – (May 3, 2009 at 4:12 PM)  

Awwww moment - she sounds adorable. Good girl, Cabana and thanks to your mom for showing you so many places and crazy textures to walk on in this world!

Cassie & The Dogs  – (May 3, 2009 at 5:58 PM)  

Good girl Cabana! Be careful on those playground structures! Toe pads and tails can get caught in those holes.

Great job at Target!

Lisa and pups  – (May 3, 2009 at 6:54 PM)  

aawwwww!! Yay Cabana!!! Great job at Target! And, I LOVE that raised eyebrow. Yay for being able to handle all the new surfaces. What a neat experience

OSU 98  – (May 4, 2009 at 5:19 PM)  

Love the look on her face in this picture. It is just about the cutest darn thing I have seen today...

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP