Ours for a Week - Persia



Last night, we brought home Persia! She is a 6 1/2 month old lab/golden cross. So far, she has been doing very well. I haven't seen much evidence of sluggishness yet (her raiser calls her a slug, not me), but we'll see what I think after we go for a walk.

It's so interesting to see the little ways that Persia is different from and also similar to Cabana. Since we haven't had a dog previously, I finally have something to compare against.

And I'm so surprised at how much I miss Cabana! But because she's been with me almost every waking moment since December, I guess it's to be expected--even though I somehow didn't expect it! Still, it IS nice to get an opportunity to miss her--like they say, you don't realize what you've got until you don't have it anymore. Last night, we handed Cabana over to Cherish's raisers, and she sat there with them like it was the most normal thing in the world. She's so resilient, I think she'll have no problems with the adjustment. And Cherish's raisers have raised a handful of dogs, so they know what they're doing a lot better than we do. I told them to fix all her problems this week and give us back a perfect dog!

Sarah and the Pack.  – (May 20, 2009 at 8:48 AM)  

Pups swaps are HARD at first! I missed Sterling so much the first time we swapped, but it was nice to get good feedback on things we needed to work on. Swapping Paris was also how I learned that she really CAN do the stairs, but was opting not to at my house!

Brittany  – (May 20, 2009 at 10:08 AM)  

Persia is so cute! It will be fun to hear about your adventures together this week.

I am sure Cabana will have a blast at her puppy sitter's home.

Kimberly  – (May 20, 2009 at 10:25 AM)  

wow IDK how you do that. I think Bell would have a difficult time w/another person or family other than ours. She's good with people but w/out us there - her puppy seperation anxiety will probably set in.
furry cute pup though - sluggish or not :) ...

Erin  – (May 20, 2009 at 11:07 AM)  

I love her name!! Good luck this week!! :D

OSU 98  – (May 20, 2009 at 1:57 PM)  

I was wondering who you got for the week! I bet you do miss Cabana...I tell Chelsie every day - mommy missed you while she was at work. Pretty sure she does NOT share the same sentiment - I think she views the days as her naptime and gets pretty vocal if it gets interrupted!!!

Good luck!!

Megan and Orleans  – (May 20, 2009 at 3:01 PM)  

I always miss my puppy while they are away, but it is kinda refreshing to have a new puppy and learn new handling techniques that work with different puppies. It is also really nice to get feedback on your pups issues so you know what to work on. I am sure Cabana is doing great and Persia sure is cute. :D

Madison  – (May 20, 2009 at 6:55 PM)  

It's hard....But good for the puppies and raisers for sure. Enjoy your week with her!

Martha G  – (May 21, 2009 at 4:58 PM)  

One of my favorite swaps was a LabX and I just loved her to pieces. The golden retriever personality really came out in the dog I puppy sat and I loved that about her! It sounds like you're having fun, hope you continue to enjoy the swap.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP