Settling In


After 3 days, I think I've finally gotten used to Persia. I still miss Cabana, but I'm able to relax into our newly established relationship with Persia. At first, I felt like Persia didn't really like me. She didn't dislike me either, but she was neutral or ambivalent. Today, I feel like we've got a bond of sorts.

On the other hand, Persia has liked my husband from the start. She is always SO excited to see him (a bit too excited actually), jumping to greet him and waggling her tail furiously. I think Persia's usual dad must romp around with her, so she associates men with playtime and perhaps rough-housing.

The weather today is gorgeous, a "no-temp" day, meaning it's so pleasant you don't feel too hot or too cold--you don't even notice the temperature, hence "no-temp". Persia and I sat outside in our backyard while I replaced some buttons on a shirt, and it was so relaxing! Persia didn't try to chew anything, and she sat so calmly on the deck with me. Maybe this is her inner "slug" showing itself? Cabana is always busy, sniffing here, tasting there, so relaxing isn't a word I'd use to describe our outdoor time.

But I'm still counting down the days until we get Cabana back...4 more days. I hope she's doing okay and not driving the other raisers too crazy. She's a whippersnapper, that one.

Katlynn and Ryder  – (May 22, 2009 at 2:58 PM)  

I am glad Persia is diong great! I know what you mean by thinking she does not like you, I have thought that with some of our club`s dogs. Puppy swaps are always great and especially great for the dogs, though Focus has not been traded as much as I did DeSoto, but he has still gotten around! I am sure Cabana will be excited to see you!

Hobbes Dogs  – (May 22, 2009 at 3:59 PM)  

Glad to hear that all is going well. :)

Taelor, Pilaf, and Cartier  – (May 22, 2009 at 5:53 PM)  

Sounds like Persia is a fantastic little girl. =D I just love that picture on top, she looks just like my baby girl. =D

I know what you mean about counting down the days. I always do when my dogs are puppy-sat. =]

Madison  – (May 23, 2009 at 6:04 AM)  

She sounds like she'd doing great! Which is always nice to hear when your pup is somewhere! I always count down the day when my pups and I are separated! :)

OSU 98  – (May 24, 2009 at 7:30 PM)  

Sounds like Woofers is Persia's version of the "moveable toy" - my dad's nickname for the cat. I have worked very hard not to let that happen...

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP