Feeling Grateful


Yippee, my busy week is coming to an end! I have a show this Sunday where I'll have a booth (I make purses and accessories), so this week has been endless sewing. My workshop is in my garage, and Cabana enjoys being out there with me. I set up the ex-pen as a barrier, and she sits in the sun and watches the world go by. Kids on bicycles and skateboards, neighbors walking their dogs, gardeners cutting lawns--everything is SO interesting to Cabana. She's very content there and has never tried to jump over the ex-pen, even though she probably could--but I keep a pretty close eye on her, just in case.

Our neighbors across the street have always been a bit of a thorn in my side. There are at least 65 people living in one house (okay, maybe only about 10, but still, it's a lot of people for one house), each of whom have their own car (in the photo, you can see 4 of their 52 cars sitting in front of their house). And they like to drive up to their house with their car windows down and their music blaring (thanks for sharing, people!).

Also, they have been painting their house and landscaping their front lawn for...oh, about 5 years. They work on it for a day or two, then they leave all the ladders and equipment and dug-up dirt sitting there for 5 months--that's been their typical work cycle. I'm all for do-it-yourself-ers, and I understand that it's hard to make time for house projects with a full-time job and kids, etc. Still, I've always wondered if they would EVER get these jobs done!

Well, this summer, I'm happy to report that they've been making fairly steady progress. And the BEST part of it is that Cabana loves it! It's like her own personal reality TV show--"The Neighbors Get To Work." They are a constant stream of entertainment as they all come and go. So, I have a lot more positive feelings toward these neighbors now. Amazing how a having a dog can change your attitude about some pretty random things!!

Tabatha  – (July 10, 2009 at 8:27 PM)  

We have neighbors that are a constant source of entertainment for Eclipse too!! Funny how that works out!!

Becky Andrews  – (July 10, 2009 at 9:03 PM)  

That is so true - it is fun to try and see life from a dog's perspective. She looks like she's been a good 'helper' for the show. Hope it goes well!

Madison  – (July 10, 2009 at 9:16 PM)  

Sounds like a fun summer day you guys are having! Having a dog changes my perspective on so much!

Emily and the Labradors  – (July 10, 2009 at 9:35 PM)  

You crack me up! I love your attitude! And how nice that Cabana can entertain herself so well and quietly while you work :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP