Good Report from Sitters

This morning, I picked Cabana up from the puppy sitter's. She got a pretty good report. The puppy sitters said that she had very good house manners, but she didn't like getting into cars. In the past week, I have noticed that Cabana has been hesitant to get into our car as well--maybe she hit her leg getting in one day? Part of the problem is that she BOUNDS into the car, rather than calmly stepping up into it. We have a Toyota Rav4, and she sits on the floor of the middle seats, not the far back--so it's not a high step up. I need to work on getting her to go in more sedately this week.

The other thing Cabana didn't like there was getting into her crate, whether at night or during the day. They said she was fine once she was in--she didn't bark or whine. But they had to push her to make her go in. I wondered if this might be because they have 2 other dogs and a cat, and maybe she didn't want to be confined when the other animals were on the loose. At our house, although I can't say Cabana is eager to get in, she does enter of her own accord.



Two days before I took Cabana to the puppy sitter's house, their cat had a litter of kittens! Now, at 5 days old, they are beginning to open their eyes. They were adorable mewling little things. Cabana even got to "meet" one of them--she sat very still and seemed highly intrigued. They've already got homes for all of them, so thankfully, there was no temptation on our part to take one off their hands!

Becky Andrews  – (July 20, 2009 at 2:53 PM)  

Good girl, Cabana. When they are apprehensive - it would be nice if they could share their feelings (okay, I sound like a shrink) of what is going on. Today Cricket was a little apprehensive to walk by a scooter. It probably was a little different and it was on the sidewalk too - confusing. She finally stopped and waited even though the lady was reassuring us it was safe.

Sarah and the Pack.  – (July 20, 2009 at 4:24 PM)  

Millie has been pretty good about getting into my car: but today she decided she would rather not get in and I had to pick her up! At the same time Paris decided she would try for the first time to launch herself into the back or the first time by herself. I alomst dropped Millie trying to keep Paris from getting banged up! My pups ride in a kennel most of the time in my car (also a Rav4), and some days they love getting in there, other days they wait until I give them a kennel up command.

Baby kittens are sooo cute! When I have bottle feed them this summer Millie loves to come over and lick the formula off their faces: too cute since they are the size of her tongue!

Infrequent Flyers  – (July 20, 2009 at 6:27 PM)  

Sarah, I have been needing to pick Cabana up to put her in the car, too! But I never knew until today (both from your comment and something the puppy sitter said) that we were supposed to give the "kennel" command to have the dog enter the car. TOO many things I probably don't know--it worries me a little!

Lisa and pups  – (July 20, 2009 at 6:34 PM)  

Yay for the great review. Those kittens are adorable.

Ally and Eclipse  – (July 20, 2009 at 6:56 PM)  

No worries! There's so many things you don't know as a first time raiser! The dogs don't usually turn out any worse for the wear /grin/ so I wouldn't sweat it too much! In fact, a lot of second, third, fourth time raisers use the wrong command for the car! Someone in the local club uses "load up" instead of "kennel"... /grin/ I love the learning process of first time raisers! It's unmatched!

Anna  – (July 23, 2009 at 4:49 PM)  

Yay Cabana! I know, as a sitter myself, we love watching dogs! Especially the good older pups like Cabana:D

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP