Holed Up Pup


I have an event in 10 days that I am frantically preparing for, which makes life rather dull for Cabana. I've been holing up in the garage, sewing the day away. Cabana still gets her morning walk, and we take an occasional outing to the grocery store. But other than that, we are homebodies for the duration.

The cushiest of the four dog beds was recently confiscated by a 2-legged being in our home (it WAS super nice, so I can't blame the individual for claiming it)--so "poor" Cabana only has 3 beds now. Sometimes, it's tough being a dog.

I moved one of the remaining dog beds into the empty space under my sewing machine table. And Cabana loves it there--she must feel safe and snuggly in that cubby-like space. It's so pleasant to feel her soft breath on my toes while I push my sewing machine pedal.

As many commenters had predicted, Cabana has changed in the past month. She has become much calmer, more content. Sometimes, I even forget that she's there! Quite a change from feeling like I always needed to be "on duty" with her around. I'm so grateful that she's happy to just be there with me, while not needing something from me all the time.

But Cabana has a FUN surprise coming her way! I'm so excited about some special friends we're going to be meeting up with on Saturday. I'll be sure to take photos to share!

Cassie & The Dogs  – (September 2, 2009 at 10:57 PM)  

Dear Cabana,
I am sorry to hear that someone stole one of your beds! No one steals them at my house, but they kept disappearing 'cause Mr. Kitty kept peeing on them. Ugh! MY bed cat! Pee on your own bed! So, not I have flat beds that can go in the wash. And ya know what??? That dang cat hasn't peed on a single one of those! If I get the chance, I'm gonna eat his food - that will show him who's boss! (that is, if he let's me. I don't want to get on his bad side!)

See you Tuesday!
Love and Licks,
Poppy

PS if you get bored sitting under the desk, come in season and go play at GDB for a while! ;)

Scout and Freyja  – (September 3, 2009 at 8:12 AM)  

Maybe she can tell that there will be a busy weekend and she's decided to relax and rest for all of the fun!

Elizabeth and Peyton  – (September 3, 2009 at 9:18 PM)  

To answer your question on my blog, no it's not normal at all for evaluations to suddenly happen. The only time evals happen is when a career change is in the air, which is why I was so terrified! :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP