A Chip Off the Old Block

I found a photo of Cabana's dad, Bosworth, on the Utah County Puppy Raising Group site. He's a handsome fellow, and I can see why he's the papa of so many GDB litters. Cabana must have gotten her coloring from her mom, Darlene--but I laughed when I saw Bosworth's knock-kneed sit. It's exactly the same as Cabana's!!

Previously, I had blogged about my concern for Cabana's sloppy sit. But if Bosworth made it as a prolific breeder with his knees turned in, I think it's safe to say Cabana's are healthy, too.

If anyone has a photo of Darlene or knows where I can find one, I'd love to see it!

Mitch and Julimae  – (August 28, 2009 at 6:39 PM)  

OH MY GOSH!!! That is crazy! There bottoms look exactly alike!!

Taelor, Pilaf, and Cartier  – (August 28, 2009 at 6:49 PM)  

Aww, so cute! I love seeing my puppies parents, Franklin is the spitting image of his momma! And Pilaf acts just like her mom. =]

Emily and the Labradors  – (August 28, 2009 at 6:55 PM)  

That's hilarious! I love it! He is a handsome fellow though :)

Lauren  – (August 28, 2009 at 9:58 PM)  

Don's a BOSWORTH PUPPY TOO- I swear, he looks JUST like his father. I think I've seen this photo before- a big thanks to Utah County for their great website. Don hasn't started doing the "frog sit" yet but if he ever does, I'll know who he got it from :) As for Cabana's mother, I haven't seen any pics of her yet, but I'll keep my eyes open.

Infrequent Flyers  – (August 29, 2009 at 11:55 AM)  

thepuppyraiser--thank you, thank you!! I'm shocked by 2 things. First, how did Cabana turn out so light colored when her parents are both so dark and red?! Second, how do you have all those photos of breeders?! It's like finding a gold mine!

mariahleadme  – (August 30, 2009 at 9:38 AM)  

We never met either of the parents of the two Guides my wife has gotten from GDB, but the sister of her active Guide was raised by the local 4-H Guide puppy club that we are now raising a Guide pup for. It gave us a kind of "connection" and is allowing us to "give back" a little when others have "given in" so much so that my wife could be more independent.

Infrequent Flyers  – (August 30, 2009 at 10:08 AM)  

Mariahleadme, it's so awesome that you are "giving back" in this way. And your family has so much to offer, since you know what the "end result" should be. I wish I knew more about how the dogs "work" so I could be a better informed puppy raiser.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP