Just a Happy Dog


For no reason in particular, Cabana is just a happy dog. She's happy to go for walks, happy to go to the store, happy to chew her toys, happy to lay around, happy to meet people. The only thing that does NOT make her happy is not getting to meet dogs that pass by.

But in the past few days, I've noticed that if I allow her to greet and sniff another dog early in our walk, then she's much better about passing the others without having a conniption. She doesn't actually IGNORE the rest of the dogs, but she pulls less and doesn't lunge and flail. Her recovery is much quicker, going back to paying attention to me and walking properly by my side. This gives me some hope regarding her dog distraction, since at the kennels, she'll get her fill of other dogs. And hopefully, her future partner will have a pet dog that she can pal around with when she's off-duty. I think that might make a huge difference.

Tomorrow, we are going to Sacramento Fun Day, hosted by Elk Grove Puppies with a Vision group. Since I missed the San Rafael Fun Day, I'm looking forward to getting to go to this one. Our puppy group will be selling t-shirts, pinback buttons and kibble pouches. And I'm hoping to get a little time with Celeste, our CFR. I hope to post photos of the event later this weekend.

Becky Andrews  – (September 18, 2009 at 7:53 PM)  

She is such a cute, happy dog! Sounds like a fun day ahead.

Sarah and the Pack.  – (September 19, 2009 at 1:03 PM)  

Have fun at your event! Sounds like Cabana is maturing and becoming a wondeful girl. Millie is always happy too, that is one of the things I just love about her!

The other day I was cleaning out under my bed, and I guess I looked like I was doing a 'play bow' to her, and she came over and did a play bow right back!

Such fun pups.
Sarah

Madison  – (September 23, 2009 at 6:47 AM)  

Cabana sounds like she is doing great!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP