Bathing Beauty


After our trip to the beach yesterday, it was time for a bath. Cabana LOVES her baths and might be happy to have one everyday. Too bad she has to go 6 weeks in between.

In the past when I've given her baths in our bathtub, I would pick Cabana up and put her in the water. Now at 50+ pounds, it's a bit hard on my back to lift Cabana, but I had every intention of doing that again this time.


(Erin, notice our humongo TN Vols cup! It's great for pouring water onto Cabana.)

This time, Cabana didn't give me a chance. After I ran the water for a while, just as I was going to pick her up, she gracefully hopped right in! She's not always willing to hop up or over things, so I hadn't even considered trying to get her to go in on her own.

I got in the tub with her so I could reach her more easily, slid the doors shut (thank goodness for shower doors, they make dog bathing so much easier), and after soaping and rinsing, I let the water drain out. She stood there calmly the whole time, then gave herself a good shake, after which I slid open the door. Again, I was just about to pick her up to take her out of the tub, but she hopped right out on her own! Such a smart and accommodating puppy!!


Here, Cabana dries off on top of and under towels, waiting patiently while I take my turn to get clean.

Heather and Kelly  – (September 15, 2009 at 3:44 PM)  

You're lucky that she loves baths! I really don't mind bathing dogs, except for I haven't run into one that likes it.
It would be great doing the dog a favor while cleaning them up too!

L^2  – (September 15, 2009 at 4:47 PM)  

Oh yes, it's very handy when big dogs will get in and out of the tub on their own. Willow and Stella will gladly hop out, but I can't always coax them to get in (of course, that's probably because they're not big fans of being bathed.

Becky Andrews  – (September 15, 2009 at 5:15 PM)  

She is SO cute! That is very helpful that she loves her baths. Cricket is not a fan ... she usually takes off through the doggie door when she sees me starting the water in the dog shower.

Emily  – (September 15, 2009 at 6:16 PM)  

What a beautiful girl!! Glad she enjoyed her bath :)

Cassie & The Dogs  – (September 15, 2009 at 6:20 PM)  

What a good girl! She looks so grown up drying with her towel. Where did our little puppy go??

Erin  – (September 15, 2009 at 8:01 PM)  

Ah such a lab! I think Ira would enjoy baths, she keeps climbing into the tub as if she would! lol

- GO VOLS!! :)))

Natalie  – (September 15, 2009 at 8:40 PM)  

Cabana is such a gorgeous dog! Glad she was such a good puppy for bathtime!

Elizabeth and Peyton  – (September 15, 2009 at 10:40 PM)  

Cabana would be jealous of Alana, she got a bath every third day. :)

Sarah and the Pack.  – (September 16, 2009 at 7:50 AM)  

Millie is also very good at taking bathes! I bathe my pups in the big sink at work, since it has a sprayer, and she will walk right up and put her paws on the edge so I can give her a boost in! She LOVES when she is all done and will run around like a crazy pup afterwards.

Good job Cabana!

Taelor, Pilaf, and Cartier  – (September 16, 2009 at 10:39 AM)  

Well, I bet that certianly makes bathing easier! The problem with my dogs is that they love bathing too much and would never get out of the tub! Yay for a clean Cabana! =D

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP