Proud to Be a Raiser


This is another new pup in our group, Tulani. She is 4 months old and was transferred from another group. Our fabulous CFR, Celeste, was at our puppy group last night, and she spent some time with Cabana. I have so much to tell about that, but I will post about it tomorrow.

For today, I wanted to mention R's blog In the Center of the Roof, though I know many other puppy raisers have found her wonderfully written blog already. R became blind about a year and a half ago and is going through the steep learning curve of learning to navigate life without the sight she'd had for the previous 29 years of her life. She is currently in the application process with Guide Dogs for the Blind.

Recently, R learned about puppy raisers, and the gratitude and amazement she shares in her post is so heartwarming. Her anticipation to get a guide dog someday and have it become her eyes so touched me, and I was reminded about how important puppy raising is.

I'm keeping this post bookmarked so I can easily find it on days when I need a little attitude pick-me-up.

R's post about puppy raisers can be found here.

Deborah  – (October 28, 2009 at 6:44 PM)  

Sometimes you can forget how easy things are for you until you are gently reminded about others who are not as fortunate. Thank you for sharing this story with us.

Martha G  – (October 28, 2009 at 7:23 PM)  

What a neat blog! I'm now a follower. Thanks for the heads up!

Becky Andrews  – (October 28, 2009 at 9:13 PM)  

Such an insiring blog - thanks for sharing. Most of the time, I am grateful for the gradual learning curve that I have had. Thanks for sharing and she is so right -- puppy raisers are INCREDIBLE!

Sarah and the Pack.  – (October 29, 2009 at 7:48 AM)  

Thanks for the share! I just found her blog through the GDBlounge list a couple of days ago, and am so grateful for what she has choosen to share. We really don't know what we have until it is gone. She is an amazing woman who will make any puppy raiser PROUD to have their dog!!!

Taelor, Pilaf, and Cartier  – (October 29, 2009 at 9:04 PM)  

Are you kidding me?!?!!? My guide dog leader had Tulani for a few weeks for Celeste to handle/ evaluae and work on her before she went to her new home. And my friend is raising her brother, Tamba! I know she is a little bit of a handful, but it is nice to know where she went. =)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP