Miss Couch Potato Head

a sleepy looking Cabana on a red fleece blanket with a few visible dog hairs scattered about, new items placed in front of herAll the dog park outings have turned Cabana into a bit of a couch potato. This is Cabana's new favorite spot--on her blankie on top of the ottoman. We've gotten to where we just leave the blankie there almost all the time, and she does her couch potato thing for hours. As long as the blanket is there, it's a tacit invitation. I've only caught her on the couch without the blankie one time. Heartlessly, I made her get down, and she hasn't broken the rules since.

Yesterday, I bought Cabana the toy that Emily has been telling me about. She recommended the Bristle Bone, and I had been meaning to get one. But I saw this similar Bouncy Bone by the same company at Target, and it was only $8.99! I bought it along with a gnawhide refill pack. Can't wait to try it out! (I mean, for Cabana to try it out...I won't be gnawing on it myself. Just in case that needed further clarification.)

Also, at the advice of Nicole/OSU 98, I bought a shedding blade, which removes excess hair, dirt and water. We've needed this item badly! And it was only about $5 at Target. I love a good deal.

Katrin  – (January 4, 2010 at 11:11 AM)  

Oh the Busy Buddy toys are awesome! I recommend them to people all the time! have you ever seen the 'tug-a-jug'? My dogs don't have that one, but I know a lot of dogs who LOVE that toy too made by the same company.

Addie, Llarson, and Ava  – (January 4, 2010 at 12:30 PM)  

That's so funny Cabana likes to sit on the ottoman, Ggoody does too! We always make sure her favorite towel is up there for her to lay on. However, after she took a nice chunk out of the ottoman as a puppy, it is now getting lopsided from missing stuffing and her laying there all the time.

Katlynn and Ryder  – (January 4, 2010 at 3:58 PM)  

The bouncy bone is awesome! Ryder and Focus love(ed) them! I know GDB puppies are not aloud to have them but they are such good toys I asked my leaders if it would be okay if I let my dogs chew on them and they have no problems with it! I also recommend any of then busy buddy toys! My neighbor sells premier products so we get them very cheaply, so I probably have every single bust buddy toy! haha

OSU 98  – (January 4, 2010 at 5:12 PM)  

Tired puppies = happy parents.

Lisa and pups  – (January 4, 2010 at 6:45 PM)  

Ellie has a very similar blankie - only in green. It's also her cue she can get on the bed! How funny to have the same trick!

Brandon - The dog with a blog  – (January 4, 2010 at 7:09 PM)  

That toy looks pretty interesting; I should look into that for Toby!

Such a cute picture:) Her face is adorable!

Toby's Trainer
SEGDI Raiser

Becky Andrews  – (January 4, 2010 at 8:18 PM)  

How fun! She sounds happy and content. Is that comb similar to a firminator -- love ours.

Emily and the Labradors  – (January 4, 2010 at 8:22 PM)  

I like your updated header! You probably did it a while ago, but I am slow ;)

I hope Cabana enjoys her new toy!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP