Happy INTERNATIONAL WYPRS Day!

Since today was INTERNATIONAL Wear Your Puppy Raising Shirt Day, Cabana and I decided we should take a trip around the world. After all, puppy raisers live in many different countries, like fellow bloggers in Canada and South Africa.

me in my blue born to lead shirt, with Cabana, in a little cave on the outside of huge and orange-ish ayers rockFirst, we trekked all the way to Australia to see Ayers Rock. Cabana chased a jackrabbit into a little cubbyhole there, but I ran in there after her. Thankfully, the bunny got away unscathed--phew. I told Cabana, you can't be going to other countries and start monkeying with their critters...silly dog.

cabana and I are standing in front of the eiffel tower
Mais oui, we had to stop at the Eiffel Tower. Cabana thought "asseyez-vous" was much too long to mean "sit". She enjoyed their fromage and pomme frites, although she did wonder why there were so many poodles....

gorgeous aerial view of the great wall of china, I'm kneeling next to Cabana, pointing something out in the airNext destination was the Great Wall of China. Cabana was so excited, she pulled on her leash the whole way. It looks like I'm pointing up at something, but the fact is that Cabana was getting loopy with exhaustion--it WAS quite a bit longer than our usual walks. In order to ascertain how addled Cabana was, I was asking her, "Am I holding up one finger or two?"

cabana and I are sitting on a little pyramid at the end of a line of pyramidsLast stop was the ancient pyramids of Giza, just outside Cairo. Cabana hopped right up onto one of the subsidiary structures. She wanted to get on top of one of the bigger pyramids, but they were just too pointy.

This trip reminded me how challenging it can be to raise a puppy-in-training. After all, puppies-in-training can't chase rabbits or cats or birds or any critters, aren't allowed to eat French people food, must learn to walk politely on leash, and aren't permitted on furniture...or pyramids. Good thing Cabana was career-changed before we took this trip!

Happy IWYPRS Day to all you puppy raisers, who give so much of yourselves for the benefit of someone you don't know, but whose life will be changed as a result of your hard work and devotion. It's truly a gift of love!

Becky Andrews  – (February 19, 2010 at 7:54 PM)  

What a fun post around the world. You've been busy! Love your last sentence ... it is indeed incredible and such a tribute that a puppy raiser gives such service for someone they don't even know. Thank you to each of you ... you inspire me each day.

Cassie & The Dogs  – (February 19, 2010 at 8:35 PM)  

OMG! You CRACK me up!! LOVE that post!! And I don't see anything in the puppy raising manual against puppies getting on pyramids. I'm thinking it would be OK. Glad you and Cabana had a great trip! Hope you guys are rested up by Tuesday! Miss seeing you at all our meetings!

Lauren  – (February 19, 2010 at 9:06 PM)  

Wow! That is such an amazing post! What a fun IWYPRSD adventure around the world- with great pictures. Really funny too. I think Don would have the time of his life if he went on a journey like that. He's such a trooper- he can walk for hours and hours and never tire. He'd probably run the entire Wall of China if I let him :) And boy oh boy, would he love to try some French cuisine!

Shelly :)  – (February 19, 2010 at 9:11 PM)  

You guys sure visted a lot of places! I had the same shirt on today. :)

JacksDad  – (February 19, 2010 at 9:52 PM)  

Well, I would love to see your passport with all those stamps!! You must have had a great adventure!

Lisa and pups  – (February 20, 2010 at 1:43 PM)  

OH MY GOSH - this was so fun! WOW, and all in one day. Maybe Cabana should help Santa next year!!!

Happy IWYPRS Day!

Natalie | Make Today Great  – (February 21, 2010 at 12:43 AM)  

wow, how fun!! Love your photoshop - I mean traveling skills!! hehe

OSU 98  – (February 21, 2010 at 6:16 AM)  

Cabana, if you don't want your frequent flyer miles, I will use them.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP