This Friday is IWYPRS Day!

banner with logo that says IWYPRS DAY, International Wear Your Puppy Raising Shirt Day, with two shirts on the sides, one with lab silhouette, other with golden retriever silhouette
Please join us in raising awareness about puppy raising by celebrating International Wear Your Puppy Raising Shirt Day, this Friday, February 19.

What is a puppy raiser? Puppy raisers are volunteers who raise puppies for different service organizations. They get the puppy at 8-weeks old and turn them back in after about a year. Puppy raisers teach potty training, house manners, socialization, basic obedience, plus many other behaviors, depending on the service organization. Information on becoming a puppy raiser for Guide Dogs for the Blind can be found here.

Our blogging friend Ro is getting her first guide dog this week (probably Wednesday)! Ro lost her sight two years ago when she was 29. Please read what she wrote when she first found out about what puppy raisers do here. She describes the process and expresses her appreciation for puppy raisers so beautifully.

Don't have a puppy raising shirt? Or want to help support our puppy raising group? My 16-year old daughter designed the shirt shown to the left. Proceeds from shirt sales go to help purchase harnesses for graduating guide dogs and their partners. All shirts are navy blue and come in a variety of sizes. To purchase one, please contact Cassie through Dagan's Dogma or email pup4gdb@gmail.com.

T-shirts, adult & youth sizes - $15
Hooded sweatshirts, adult sizes - $25
Full zip sweatshirt jackets (design on back), adult sizes - $30
Shipping - $5, regardless of quantity

If you'd like to help spread the word, feel free to use the banner at the top of this post. Or if you'd like just the seal (without the shirts on the sides), click here. (P.S. I just made this artwork up myself; I don't know if there's an official logo out there somewhere. So these are completely unofficial. Use at your own risk!)

JacksDad  – (February 16, 2010 at 11:15 AM)  

Bravo and congrats to everyone who is working to help others!!
Thank you for sharing this!!

Becky Andrews  – (February 16, 2010 at 1:10 PM)  

Awesome! I will put the word out to all my family who have the shirt! Thank you, thank you to all who do this incredible service. Love and thanks again (can't thank you enough!)

Brandon - The dog with a blog  – (February 16, 2010 at 1:12 PM)  

Interesting, never knew their was a "IWYPRS" Day!

Maybe I should wear one (out of 20+) of my pr shirts I have this Friday!


Toby's Raiser

Katrin  – (February 16, 2010 at 2:27 PM)  

Oh I totally want one of those Born to lead sweat shirts! How nice! I vaguely recall someone telling me about the logo before and thinking then, "I want one!!" Hmm now I have the contact info and shall have to get off my rear and get one!

Kari in Alaska  – (February 16, 2010 at 2:44 PM)  

congrats to all who get to wear the shirts

Lisa and pups  – (February 16, 2010 at 6:32 PM)  

Thanks for making up the "logo". I added it to my facebook to share with everyone! We should make this the official logo!!!

Hobbes Dogs  – (February 16, 2010 at 7:53 PM)  

Thanks for spreading the word and I love the logo! I'll add in my vote for making it the official logo if you don't mind.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP