Baby, Baby, He's Just a Plaything

montego and cabana sleeping in a line on her round dog bed, except his front end has fallen off the edge, his bottom is being used as Cabana's pillowAahhh, a few minutes of peace and quiet while both dogs snore noisily behind my computer chair. Think I might be able to get a good 20 minutes to write this post?

montego on the carpet with a nylabone in front of his mouth, cabana is hovering above him, watchingMontego is soft, cuddly, and CALM! Oh my gosh, his temperament is incredible--happy, easygoing, "chill" is just the best word for this little guy. He'd like nothing better than to flop down on the ground and chew some of Cabana's Nylabones. (Can you see the size of his paws in this photo? They are immense and SOLID--it's not just fluffy fur making them look big.)

cabana's head is pinning down montego's neck, he has a crazy eyed expression with his needle-like teeth showingUnfortunately, Cabana can't seem to leave him alone. She thinks he's the new toy I brought home for her private entertainment. And she'd like nothing better than to chew on him, all day!

monteo is lying on his back with Cabana over him, he has her back leg in his mouthAnd that means, of course, that Montego has to chew back.

close up of montego's adorable face, he has fluffy whispy fur on his ears, dark almond shaped eyes, dark golden fur, a very black button nose, and a green treat ball in his mouthThis photo is blurry, but Montego's face is so cute, I thought I'd post it anyway. You can just see Cabana in the corner behind him--she's on tie down, so he can play in peace for a few minutes.

As for last night's sleeping arrangements, Montego slept on tie down next to our bed, while Cabana stayed downstairs. I think I might have slept for an hour or two--Montego wasn't noisy, but the sound of his breathing was enough to keep me awake! We didn't attempt to put him in the crate. He'd only been in our house for a couple hours, and with the new surroundings, I didn't want to cause any more stress than needed.

I fed Montego his breakfast in the crate this morning (this little stinker gets 4.5 cups a day!). Around 11am, neither dog had napped all morning, so I knew Montego was super tired. I put a few kibbles in his crate and he went right in. After I closed the door, he barked and fussed for maybe 3 minutes, but then, he konked right out. Cabana and I took a nap on the couch where he could see us. So I think a little bit of progress was made. We'll take it slow and play it by ear. Hopefully, the hardest part is behind us.

JacksDad  – (April 28, 2010 at 2:16 PM)  

You're right - that last picture is amazing. I admire you for taking care of two puppies at once!!

Beth and Alfie  – (April 28, 2010 at 2:19 PM)  

Montego's adorable! Sounds like he got a good sleep...hope YOU do too, soon! :-)

Martha G  – (April 28, 2010 at 5:20 PM)  

I'm glad things are going well. I thought Cabana would be interested in Montego. You're right, that is one cute puppy face!

OSU 98  – (April 28, 2010 at 8:23 PM)  

Love that picture of his face with Cabana in the background. I am sure Cabana would love to have a playmate. Chelsie says she can have Ace.

That is so awesome that you guys napped where he could see you. Ace is really difference from Chelsie when it comes the crate - she hated it, he doesn't mind it at all! I put him in to type this post because I knew he was tired and he was harassing his sister..

Becky Andrews  – (April 28, 2010 at 8:55 PM)  

Sounds BUSY but they are so cute. Glad you got a little rest in there. You would not like Cricket in your room -- she snores!

Erin  – (April 28, 2010 at 9:06 PM)  

HE's soo so cute, when Pompei came into the mix, he got many frequent naps, cause trying to manage his potty breaks in between rough housing with Victoria and Texas.. !!!!
:)
Sounds like you guys are off to a good start!!

Unknown  – (April 28, 2010 at 10:48 PM)  

hope to meet montego soon! steph told me about him and how he looks like a doll. hes so cute.

-juliana

Kengiboo  – (April 29, 2010 at 10:10 AM)  

Cabana looks so happy with her cute little playmate. Sounds like you're having so much fun. Enjoy.You're really good at training him too. Well done with the crating!

Heather and Kelly  – (April 30, 2010 at 11:51 AM)  

What a sweet little boy :)
He does look very fluffy and cuddly--I love the paws!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP