Mud Baths

cabana standing on field of very very bright green grass, with water droplets sparkling from the blades, cabana is changing direction, with her body in a turn, her yellow fur is blotchy with brown mudAt the park, all the rain makes the grass look beautifully green, but really, it's just a thin veneer over squelchy, thick, unavoidable MUD.

cabana standing at edge of a huge shallow water puddle on reddish dirt, she is still blotchy with mudPuddles like this one are preferable to the muddy grass. At least the puddle has a higher water-to-dirt ratio, making it much easier to clean off.

distant shot of cabana on her back on the grass, with a black dog piled up on her, a spaniel's head peeking above them watching the actionIt doesn't help when your pals roll you around in the mud.

cabana standing on grass with mud all over her, her eyes are closed, making her look indignant"Hmmph, what's wrong with the way I look?" Honestly, I don't know how people with dark dogs manage--I like being able to see the mud clearly so I can make sure Cabana is clean.

a stock photo of a silver handheld waterpik showerhead with 5 foot hoseCabana HATES being sprayed with cold water from the garden hose, even in summertime--she barks and skitters around, making it impossible to do a thorough job, getting me drenched in the process. After weeks of battling mud, and with many more weeks of war to wage, I invested in this Waterpik handheld showerhead. What a cinch to install, and it makes life SO much easier! Cabana jumps right into the tub--she loves the warm water being sprayed on her so she's extremely cooperative.

For the past two years, I've been putting Cabana in the tub and using a plastic cup to pour water over her--talk about low tech! It was a HUGE cup, but still just a cup. Not only did that waste a lot of water, it took a long time, wasn't very effective, and provided no water pressure. The Waterpik is effortless, has GREAT water pressure to get all the way down to the skin, and even has a water-off switch to save water while I'm soaping Cabana (which I only do sparingly, usually doing just a quick rinse to get the mud off). My only complaint is why I didn't buy this two years ago?!

JacksDad  – (December 16, 2010 at 5:19 PM)  

I'll have to see if I can find one of those!!

Becky Andrews  – (December 16, 2010 at 8:21 PM)  

Favorite place in our house is the dog/laundry/computer room for this reason. Love it. Glad you had such a fun time, Cabana. I need to get motivated and give Cricket a shower.

Golden Samantha  – (December 17, 2010 at 9:03 AM)  

Sounds like a winner of a solution! Poor Sammie and Avalon have to bear the indignity of the hose!
Cool!
xoxoxo
Sammie, Avalon and Miche

Kari in Alaska  – (December 17, 2010 at 9:37 AM)  

one of the things I trained my dogs on was to get in the tub without a fight :)

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Carrie and Waffle  – (December 18, 2010 at 12:11 AM)  

Cabana - your mommy loves you is all I have to say.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP