Shopping in Sonoma

One of my favorite places is The Plaza in Sonoma, CA. There are fabulous little boutique shops to browse in and a vast selection of superb restaurants. I worked for a graphic design firm just one house off The Plaza for over three years. I was always too busy working to do much shopping, but thanks to lunch meetings, I did get to eat at quite of few of the restaurants. That was a huge perk.

Today, I had to drop off a few Sheekoo orders in Sonoma. I didn't stop for lunch this time, but I indulged myself by doing some long-overdue dog-friendly shopping on The Plaza, with Cabana in tow.

cabana sitting on a sidewalk with a big tree behind her, there are tons of yellow fallen leaves all over the groundHere's my little yellow dog among the yellow leaves.

cabana standing by doorway of a store, there's a stuffed animal llama with lots of real llama hair on it I think, next to the doorwayCabana sniffed the tail-end of this llama (or is it an alpaca?) outside the Native American Secrets store for quite some time. But after I pulled out my camera, of course she wouldn't do it anymore.

cabana sitting in front of bakery, window is decorated for christmas and you can see christmas merchandise through the windowThe highlight of our shopping trip was Three Dog Bakery. This is a place that I've passed by a million times and had never gone in before (the graphic design job was pre-Cabana). Wow, what a fun place! They have way more than just baked goods, too--lots of toys, collars and leashes, dog clothing, etc. On the door, it says, "Owners on leash welcome."

cabana sitting in front of the baked treats counter, you can see yummy and pretty treats with price signs in the caseSo many yummy treats to pick from! What to choose, what to choose....

stuffed christmas tree toy with little stuffed toys in front which include a santa hat, an orange thing I have no idea what it is, and a snowman, there's also a little white bakery box with two tiny cupcakes inside, each has a little red flower on top of white frostingThis is what I ended up getting. You fill this Christmas tree with the little stuffed toys, and the dog works to get the little toys out, kind of like a puzzle. I also got two little frosted "pupcakes"--aren't they so cute in the box?

extreme close up of cabana as she takes the little pupcake out of my handMy human family members are going to be rather upset with me since I only bought yummy treats for Cabana and none for them. Ruh roh, guess I'll be the one in the dog house!

JacksDad  – (December 9, 2010 at 1:49 PM)  

We loved the 3 Dog Bakery, but it closed :(

It's always the way with the pictures - they'll keep doing it until you get the camera ready and then they stop. It's a given! :)

Sierra Rose  – (December 9, 2010 at 2:30 PM)  

Yay!! Love Sonoma Square area :) Mom had been doing quite a few demos at markets there this past summer, and always enjoyed doing a lap around the town. Looks like some fantastic goodies Cabana!!!!

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

Golden Samantha  – (December 9, 2010 at 3:36 PM)  

Yummzers, Cabana! WE wanted to go too hee hee!!! And I think we MUST take a trip up there before xmas - thanks for reminding us how bootiful the Plaza is!!! BTW... your lucky Mom to have lunched there as a perk so much - that's a treat too!
Hugs xoxoxo
Sammie and Avalon

Dexter  – (December 10, 2010 at 4:06 AM)  

THREE DOG BAKERY! NOM! I have had some of their foodables.

Slobbers,
mango

Erin  – (December 10, 2010 at 9:36 PM)  

I miss our Three Dog Bakery, there isn't one in KNoxville...there's not many dog spacific shops other than PetsMart and the other chain stores. :(( I do miss the dog friendly Asheville.

OSU 98  – (December 11, 2010 at 8:21 PM)  

Mimi...I am so proud of you. You have officially gone to the dogs. :)

D.K. Wall  – (December 12, 2010 at 7:09 AM)  

Somehow, I have never taken the Herd inside any dog bakery fearing that I would have shoplifters on my hands.

Kari in Alaska  – (December 12, 2010 at 9:40 AM)  

I always thought if I got those stuffed toys my pups would just rip the "parent" toy to shreds in an attempt to get the others out

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP