New Year Puppies

seven little balled up puppies with black and white coats, piled up on each otherWhat better way to greet the New Year than by getting to snuggle up with 7 roly-poly puppies! This litter of Blue Picardy Spaniels was born exactly two weeks ago.

me sitting on the floor with one of the puppies held up against meOur dog park friend, Christine, is the breeder and needed people to come over and help socialize the pups, so they will be used to being handled by many different people.

one of the puppies, laying on a kitchen towel on my daughter's lap, his eyes are closed and you can see his tiny sharp nails on his front pawsThis was a mission for my younger daughter and me, if we chose to accept it. It's a tough job, but you know, someone's gotta do it.

close up of one of the pups with a green hair elastic tie on his neckThe pups remind me of Holstein cows right now, but as they mature, they'll become predominantly black, with just a bit of white or silver.

peeka the mama dog, getting a pat under her chin, she's all black with a white blaze down the middle of her noseHere's Peeka, the wonderful young mama. I'm used to seeing her pre-pregnancy at the dog park, where she was a sweet silly little girl. But today, she was very mature, watchful and careful as we held her babies, but also gracious and trusting. It was amazing to see her transformation as she fully embraced her new responsibility as a mother.

close up of one of the puppies with his mouth wide open in a yawnBeing cute is hard work! The puppies have all been spoken for already. But I'm hoping Cabana might get a chance to help socialize them before they go to their new homes in a couple months.

Raiser Erin  – (January 1, 2011 at 9:05 PM)  

Oh my goodness! They're so adorable!

Rebecca, Ely and Joe  – (January 1, 2011 at 10:51 PM)  

They are adorable!!! I LOVE the last picture!

Dexter  – (January 2, 2011 at 3:56 AM)  

Oh SQUEEEEE! Puppies! Adorable. I never heard of that breed before.

Mango Momma

Kari in Alaska  – (January 2, 2011 at 10:32 AM)  

Squee so darn cute

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Becky Andrews  – (January 2, 2011 at 11:13 AM)  

Now, that sounds like an awesome 'job'. Enjoy!

Martha G  – (January 2, 2011 at 6:03 PM)  

I think we all wish we could do what you are doing! I need to investigate this breed. It's new to me and I think the mom is very striking.

OSU 98  – (January 5, 2011 at 5:58 AM)  

Good lord are they cute...yeah, its a rough job...but someone has to do it. My breeder sent me a CD of photos of the first 8 weeks of Ace's life...priceless to me.

Golden Samantha  – (January 8, 2011 at 12:40 PM)  

OMD, Mimi! How totally adorable! Yes... such a tough job, but we do know SOMEone's gotta do it hee hee! Happy, Happy New Year!
xoxoxo
Sammie and Avalon

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP