Constant Cabana

Life has been challenging lately. But we have to accept the low points, just as we'd accept the high ones, right? During these tough spots, I'm so immensely grateful for Cabana. Walking her and seeing her play is instant therapy (and cheap therapy at that). The other night, my family and I came home after an incredibly difficult situation. It was midnight, and we were exhausted. But I saw Cabana sleeping at her usual spot on the ottoman, so I stopped to give her a quick hug and kiss on the top of her head. As my family members came into the house after me, I smiled to myself as each one of them stopped and went over to pet Cabana as I had done. It wasn't what we were doing for Cabana--it was what she was doing for us. It was like each one of us was saying, "Life is hard, but here is our sweet soft dog, and everything will be okay."

Erin  – (February 8, 2011 at 7:24 AM)  

The exact reason why I continue raising puppies, not only can I Have that calm assurance at home, but wherever I am during the day as well!

Kari in Alaska  – (February 8, 2011 at 7:40 AM)  

We sure hope everything works out

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Sierra Rose  – (February 8, 2011 at 1:03 PM)  

Very true and so sweet. Am going over to give Sierra Rose a hug now :)

Sweet hugs!

Martha G  – (February 8, 2011 at 1:04 PM)  

Sweet! We can learn so much from dogs. I'm sorry about the hard times!

Bethany, Dahlia, Julia, and GEB Lucky  – (February 8, 2011 at 3:24 PM)  

I hope things will start looking up for you & your family soon. I'm glad Cabana is there to help you guys. These dogs not only help blind people, but they help us too. :)

Min  – (February 8, 2011 at 6:13 PM)  

My husband just deployed to Iraq for a year last Thursday. I honestly don't know what I would do without Bella keeping me company every day. She literally licks my tears away. I hope things get better for you and your family, Mimi.

Anonymous –   – (February 8, 2011 at 6:21 PM)  

That's so true!! I do the same with Vader.

I hope everything is ok for your family.

Lauren  – (February 8, 2011 at 6:29 PM)  

Praying that everything is okay for you guys. And I completely understand what you mean about Cabana being your constant - Claire is the same for me :)

Becky Andrews  – (February 8, 2011 at 6:40 PM)  

Thanks Cabana for being constant -- such a gift. Sending love to you and your family.

OSU 98  – (February 8, 2011 at 7:46 PM)  

Hugs. My dogs make EVERYTHING better..even right now when Acie is saying "no more computer mom". :)

I think Cabana is an awesome dog because you are an awesome dog mom. :)

Hobbes Dogs  – (February 8, 2011 at 10:34 PM)  

Sounds like she's practicing her "therapy dog" skills on your family.

I'm having a rather bad night tonight myself, but Romero curled up on my lap sure helps. Dogs really are the best!

Lisa and pups  – (February 12, 2011 at 7:52 AM)  

Sorry about the difficult situation. Dogs are just the best for that aren't they?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP