Mending Hearts

Thank you for the kind and encouraging comments on my last post. I was touched all last week by how much small kindnesses can mean so much when things are difficult. Having a week of sunshine and warm temps was helpful, too. Keeping Cabana exercised and active helped boost my own spirits, and we had some fun in spite of difficult circumstances (which are much better now, thankfully).

We had a few playdates with Bodhi, one of the blue picardy spaniels.

Bodhi plays a bit rough--and Cabana LOVES it. She holds her own with him in a wrestling match. But I remove her collar when Bodhi is around because he likes to bite it and once got his jaw caught under it.

But Bodhi can outrun Cabana easily every time. That's okay, he can keep that ol' frisbee!

We also went for a hike around a lake. It's not a place we go to often, so Cabana was extremely excited to be there. She was good about the ducks (didn't even notice them actually) and never even tried to snack on the duck poop all over this pier.

But when I tried to get her out onto these rocks for a photo, she did pull me down onto the slippery bank. I slipped and fell, and my camera got slapped into the mud. I got my photo, but dirty jeans and bruised knees paid the price for it.

Last week, I had my first therapy dog mentoring session at the Alzheimer's residence. (There were no classroom positions available, which is okay. I'm glad the decision was made for me.) I observed my mentor with her 10-year old Corgi. After 8 years of therapy work, he's a true pro. Tomorrow, it will be Cabana's turn to get to go with me. We'll see how she does!

Raiser Erin  – (February 14, 2011 at 11:33 AM)  

Cabana is going to do AWSOME there. :) I'm sure the Alzheimer's place is where you're meant to be to touch hearts and change lives.

Kari in Alaska  – (February 14, 2011 at 1:48 PM)  

I am sure Cabana will do great tomorrow!

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Beth and Alfie  – (February 14, 2011 at 2:49 PM)  

I'm so glad things are looking up. Dogs are such good therapy aren't they? :)

Hobbes Dogs  – (February 14, 2011 at 8:49 PM)  

Best wishes for the first therapy visit!

Dexter  – (February 15, 2011 at 4:08 AM)  

You know, one of my most important jobs is giving healing snuggles to the humans. They need that a lot sometimes. I see that little Cabana has learned that skill as well.

Slobbers,
Mango

Sierra Rose  – (February 15, 2011 at 8:06 AM)  

Hope you are ok for the rock slip! It's been a ice slip or snow fall for mom a few times while walking me.
Great lake! Hope to run with ya sometime Cabana! Our McInnis parkie has become quite chewed up and muddy (with toxic muck) so we have not been going. If you are up for a leash walk at Rush Creek sometime let us know :) Too muddy right now, but a great spot and is in North Novato, just off the highway...easy spot to meet.

Sweet hugs,
Sierra Rose

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP