Happy Two Point Five

Today, Cabana is exactly 2.5 years old. I had planned to write this post about what a perfect dog Cabana is, how she has outgrown all her bad habits, how she is so eager to please, ad nauseum. Thankfully, this morning's circumstances have conspired to throw balance and humility into my pride.

The weather was gorgeous at the park this morning. All Cabana's favorite puppy pals were there, romping on the freshly mowed lawn.

Cabana would play for a little while, but she kept sneaking off to a distant corner of the 20-acre field...

...to do this! Nose down, she was intent on something buried in the grass.

Here comes 4-month old golden boy Dorado to say hello to Cabana.

He promptly copies Cabana who isn't opposed to teaching him bad habits! Apparently, over the weekend, someone had spilled a bunch of nuts and crackers in the grass, and Cabana wasn't going to stop until she'd found and eaten each one.

Well, she's a lab, right? I guess we still have some work to do in the "leave it" department. Although once, she found a whole cooked salmon steak on the sidewalk, and when I told her to leave it, she did drop it even though she loves salmon.

So, other than going after the occasional nut or cat poop, Cabana is a terrific dog. What did we do before we had her? I can't remember. Can you believe I wasn't a dog lover before we got Cabana? And now, look at me--I've gone off the doggy deep end!

K9-CRAZY  – (April 5, 2011 at 11:42 AM)  

You should take her to a tracking class, it looks like she'd LOVE it and you would too. Tracking is so much fun :)

Kari in Alaska  – (April 5, 2011 at 11:45 AM)  

Happy Half Birthday!

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Infrequent Flyers  – (April 5, 2011 at 11:46 AM)  

Thanks, K-9, actually we are signed up for a beginning scenting class this weekend! I'm looking forward to it.

JacksDad  – (April 5, 2011 at 12:04 PM)  

If you figure out a way to stop her from eating food she finds, please let me know. Jack eats it faster than I can tell him to drop it! :)

Amber-Mae  – (April 5, 2011 at 12:14 PM)  

Happy 2.5 Birthday, Cabana! Looked like you had a ton of fun with friends!

Cassie & The Dogs  – (April 5, 2011 at 1:05 PM)  

Cabana was just getting her nose ready for Saturday! Though, she should probably work on getting her belly ready too. That means, so extra filling! Dagan will be in hog heaven if he gets as many treats as they told us to bring!

Can't wait celebrate 2.5 Saturday!

D.K. Wall  – (April 5, 2011 at 6:12 PM)  

The Herd is shaking their heads at the thought of dropping a salmon steak on command.

OSU 98  – (April 5, 2011 at 7:43 PM)  

Happy 2.5 Cabana! I love the first photo...I am in a hotel room away from the labbies tonight and seeing your smiling face made my day.

And Mimi...I wasn't going to call you out on it, but since you called yourself out on it - for someone who is not a "dog person" you are a pretty frakin' rockin' dog mom!!!

Lauren  – (April 5, 2011 at 8:03 PM)  

Happy half birthday, Cabana!! Mimi, I love that you love Cabana so much - I never would have guessed that you were ever NOT a dog person!

Lauren  – (April 5, 2011 at 8:03 PM)  

Also, I think you need to get a Twitter account :)

Infrequent Flyers  – (April 5, 2011 at 9:37 PM)  

Lauren--a Twitter account?! I'd never shut up.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP