Cabana in the Mist

Happy belated Thanksgiving to everyone! We had a nice salmon dinner at our house, since we don't eat turkey. Then, on Friday, Cabana got to experience two of her favorite things at the same time--the dog park and pancakes! Our very first dog park friends are moving to Hawaii, along with their lucky dogs Kona and Ami. Some other friends brought their camper van with a complete kitchen to the park, and we made pancakes and served mimosas. I took a lot of great photos, then had a computer glitch and lost them all. Grrr, don't you just hate it when that happens? The dogs all lined up in eager sits, waiting for a piece of pancake, and Cabana was surely the most eager of them all. I had a great photo of that, too--sigh.

Since I lost all those photos, these misty ones from the following day will have to suffice. I recently got a polarizing lens filter for my camera, which is supposed to increase color contrast and minimize haze. I'm not sure if it made much difference since it was a really foggy morning, but I had fun with my new "toy" anyway.

group of about 15 humans and scattered dogs standing in close proximity in the middle of a field, the fog is thick and heavyHuman and canine friends await as we approach the park on Saturday morning. Our soon-to-be Hawaiian friends are in this assemblage. They won't have to put up with this kind of weather much longer.

branch silhouette against a grey sky, only 2 leaves remain on the branches, and water droplets hang all overI don't normally take photos of just scenery. I like having people and/or animals in my shots, but I guess I was feeling artsy when I saw these branches against the sky with water droplets hanging off them.

cabana standing next to a barbed wire fence, the grass is green but is wet and silvery with droplets all overCold and damp are words that come to mind when I see this photo. Brrr, winter isn't far off.

cabana running happily through a small grove of trees with orange and yellow leavesBut thankfully, we've still got some autumn color left to enjoy for another week or two.

Dexter  – (November 28, 2011 at 3:16 AM)  

Just the right weather for a labradog. Cold, misty, and, best of all... WET!

Slobbers,
Mango

Jen  – (November 28, 2011 at 5:24 AM)  

Lovely photos! Looks like a great day. :) Happy Monday to you...

Jen and the mostly Black Dog Crew

Kari in Alaska  – (November 29, 2011 at 12:16 PM)  

Ive been working in Sac and it is super foggy here lately

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP