Feeling Much Better

Life has been busy with non-dog-related activities, namely too much work. But Cabana has been doing really well, and sometimes, it amazes me how easy she is. She has matured into such a great dog with very few issues. (Well, we just have one ongoing struggle that I will blog about one of these days.)

Over the past few months, Cabana had been itchier than usual. I thought it was due to food allergies, and it mostly manifested itself in her gnawing at her poor pink paws. After removing the food/treats that I thought were the culprit, the itching persisted, which made me realize there were seasonal/environmental triggers as well. A couple weeks ago, I started Cabana on Allerplex, an all-natural allergy supplement for humans. I've been putting two capsules in her breakfast and two in her dinner (I just drop the whole capsules in her bowl, and she eats them up without the slightest reservation). After a week, Cabana's itching stopped completely.

What I didn't realize before was how much Cabana hadn't been her usual self. I would take her to the dog park, and she would barely play with other dogs, even her most favorite friends like Bodhi. She used to run and romp endlessly, but lately, she might play half-heartedly for a few minutes, and that would be it. But I had thought she was just growing up and wasn't as interested in that kind of play. It never occurred to me that her low energy level was related to allergies.

But since we started the Allerplex, the difference is incredible. Cabana is SO much more playful! I had no idea how much the allergies had been slowing her down before. It's so great to see her return to her happy self. Unlike Benadryl, Allerplex doesn't cause drowsiness. It doesn't really have any side effects, except one. Allerplex contains fenugreek, which is similar to curry powder, so now Cabana smells a bit like Indian food!

OSU 98  – (April 25, 2012 at 12:43 PM)  

I love the expression on her precious little face in the last picture...Ace looks like that before he is about to go eat Chelsie!!! Glad the girl is back to her normal, happy self!!

Kari in Alaska  – (April 25, 2012 at 1:41 PM)  

so glad you found something to help with the itching

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Martha G  – (April 25, 2012 at 10:57 PM)  

That's great about the allergy relief and return to self for Cabana! I think the Indian food smell would be a bonus!

Erin  – (April 27, 2012 at 9:51 AM)  

Yay! I'm glad you all found something that gave her relief! She does look happy! :)

Min  – (April 29, 2012 at 9:30 AM)  

I'm so happy that it worked for you! That's so funny that she smells like curry. I can't decide if it's better or worse than the smell of Fritos.

jessej  – (May 9, 2012 at 7:51 AM)  

just found your blog...it is woofrific! i am so glad you are feeling better- a dog with itchy paws is horrid, thanks for the info on the meds!! looking forward to more fun from you. jesse j & M

Susan Campisi  – (May 16, 2012 at 9:53 PM)  

I'm so happy to hear Cabana is feeling better! What a relief. I know allergies can be really tricky so it's wonderful you found something that works.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP