Keeping Up with the Times

This week, I finally got my first ever smart phone. I haven't had one before because I work from home, so I haven't felt much of a need for one. But there have been more and more times when I wished I had one, like when I'm shopping for dog treats or moisturizer or running shoes and would love to look up a review to see which kind to buy. Or if I go somewhere new and want to look up a restaurant on Yelp. I was getting a smart phone for my daughter, and it was only $10/month more to get one for myself, so I figured what the heck.

My technological advancement made me realize I needed to keep up with the times in other ways, too. I figured it's time to stop struggling to update this blog, which is a struggle I've pretty much given up on. Unfortunately, Facebook has taken over, and it's rare that I enter the blogosphere these days. Although I have a love-hate relationship with Facebook, I think I've learned to make it palatable for myself by limiting most of my news feed to dog-related posts. I don't want to hear about people's political or religious views, or know what they're listening to on Spotify, or how many times they've given life in Candy Saga Farm Crush. But I do like pictures of and stories about dogs and keeping up with my local animal shelter's updates, as well as other animal rescue organizations.

So, I started a Facebook page for Cabana, mostly so I can have a place to record what's going on in her life and post photos that I've taken. (In addition to the smart phone, I also got a new camera this week. It was an expensive week.)

I hope you'll follow along if you feel like it. I'm not saying I'll never post to this blog again--I would feel sad to let it go all together. But I will definitely be updating Cabana's Facebook page on a MUCH more regular basis.

Click here for the link! Please "like" the page to see posts in your news feed.

Becky Andrews  – (January 31, 2014 at 5:58 AM)  

You'll love it! We will follow you wherever you go ... blog or facebook :).

Min  – (January 31, 2014 at 2:36 PM)  

I'll miss seeing your posts, but I'm excited to see more of you and Cabana on Facebook. I'm glad you haven't given it up completely!

Dexter  – (February 3, 2014 at 6:35 PM)  

I clicked the like. I do enjoy FaceBook but it has significantly reduced my time both reading and writing blogs. That's OK. Times change, technology changes too.

I try to keep my posts mostly happy dog type stuff, but I confess that sometimes I get caught up in something that makes me angry. I'm working on that.

Looking forward to following Cabana's adventures.

Mango Momma

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP