Kibble-Sicles



It's been hot around here for the past couple days, so I made Cabana some fun kibble ice cube treats. I saw these on someone else's puppy blog, although I can't remember whose--sorry, I'd like to be able to give the person credit!



Our refrigerator has an automatic ice maker, so I bought this cute Ikea ice cube tray especially for the purpose of making Kibble-Sicles (like popsicles) for Cabana. There are 2 pieces of kibble in each "fishy".


Yum, the perfect snack for a hot afternoon. Oops, is it bad that she's eating them off the ground? I guess I should be serving them in her food bowl....

It was also too hot to cook, so we went out for dinner tonight. We don't eat out very often (we're more into carry-out, I guess), and my husband has been somewhat reluctant to take Cabana to restaurants. So Cabana is sorely lacking in restaurant etiquette. Overall, I thought Cabana conducted herself pretty well tonight, although our waitress did rather snidely remark, "She's DEFINITELY still in training" to another waitress. It was difficult to get Cabana to sit under the table, and in the beginning, she would bolt up whenever anyone passed by. By the end of the meal, though, Cabana stayed consistently in a down position, although she still wasn't quite under the table.



Yep, we've still got work to do in this department. Well, I suppose it's a good excuse to eat out more often!

Mitch and Julimae  – (June 28, 2009 at 7:57 PM)  

Wow! Cabana is spoiled! I only give Meade normal ice!

Becky Andrews  – (June 28, 2009 at 8:28 PM)  

That's a clever idea. I have a friend that freezes them in her kongs. Yes, you will have to go out to eat more to help her practice :>

Ally and Eclipse  – (June 28, 2009 at 9:42 PM)  

I think you saw them on Lisa and Ellie's blog after Ellie got spayed! Such a good idea! Eola gets soaked kibble frozen in a kong with some liver treats thrown in randomly for crate time! lol. Does that count?

Bethany, Dahlia, Julia, and GEB Lucky  – (June 29, 2009 at 6:37 AM)  

that's cool! :) i'll have to try it for my PIT Beau. :)

Natalie  – (June 29, 2009 at 9:21 AM)  

Ugh, NOTHING drives me more crazy than when someone uses the "Well they're definitely still in training!" comment! I just want to tell them they know NOTHING about my dog or me, and they should mind their own business. Grrrr it really gets to me everytime I hear it. But have no worries, one of my dogs that's attracted that comment a few times is a proud graduate and working dog now! Go Cabana!

Sarah and the Pack.  – (June 29, 2009 at 10:19 AM)  

Wow, those like like fun! I will have to try them out with my pups, I know Marley LOVES ice, and so ice+kibble will just make his day.

Melissa Mitchell  – (June 29, 2009 at 11:58 AM)  

I find setting up a dinner party in you house or friends with as much of the distractions as you would find in a restaurant a great way to practice. This also works for movies and other environments as well.

Lisa and pups  – (June 29, 2009 at 6:23 PM)  

Ooooh, I like the fishy idea! I usually use the muffin tin, but, those are smaller and neat!

Yeah, lots of practice in restaurants has helped Ellie. I hardly ever worked Runza in restaurants and he never was good at them. It is a pain when people say that though. Sometimes when Ellie gets her puppy brain at work, my coworkers say that. UGH - people! She'll get there! :D

Infrequent Flyers  – (June 30, 2009 at 10:35 AM)  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Infrequent Flyers  – (June 30, 2009 at 10:36 AM)  

Mitch, you were right to give Meade only normal ice. I have been informed that kibble cubes are a GDB no-no.

Carrie and Waffle  – (June 30, 2009 at 9:20 PM)  

I usually do just ice, both girls would come running when they heard the ice tray. two little vultures!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP