One Project Completed


Chair BEFORE.


Chair AFTER.

I used cork fabric (real cork adhered to a cotton backing), so it has a very "green" and natural look, almost like wood. But it's very smooth, feels a bit like leather. The pillow is also cork, but a different kind. I'm not entirely satisfied with the result--the cork fabric doesn't has as much "give" as regular fabric, so I had some trouble with it. But what the heck, I'm too lazy to take it apart and do it over.

I went for a run this morning and crossed paths with several people who I normally see. They asked me where my dog was, and I felt a bit guilty about saying Cabana was at the GDB kennels.

While working on the chair, I had the TV on and watched (or actually just listened to) "Indecent Proposal". I had never seen it before, and now I know that I wasn't missing much. What was all the hype about back then when that movie came out?! Brother. BUT Woody Harrelson and Demi Moore had the sweetest and cutest yellow Lab in the movie. The dog was almost white and reminded me so much of Ardella. Seeing the dog made me miss Cabana--but it feels good to have the opportunity to miss. Makes you more grateful for what you have.

Tabatha  – (June 19, 2009 at 8:27 AM)  

It looks awesome!!!! Good Job!!

Becky Andrews  – (June 19, 2009 at 11:24 AM)  

Wow - I am SO impressed. How beautiful.

Cassie & The Dogs  – (June 19, 2009 at 3:40 PM)  

Great chair!! I will be over after work to test it out for ya ;) then, you can Poppy-sit (since she was released to go to other houses at our eval last night. Yeah poppy!). Sound like a plan?? Ha!

Enjoy your break! Keep your fingers crossed that Cabana doesn't come in season while she's there! Rose is heading down today and I don't think Poppy is too far behind.

Katlynn and Ryder  – (June 19, 2009 at 7:26 PM)  

You did a great job on the chair! Thank You for the treat pouch it arrived today!

Lisa and pups  – (June 19, 2009 at 8:10 PM)  

WOW - that's beautiful! Great job!

Martha G  – (June 19, 2009 at 8:43 PM)  

Beautiful job on the chair. I'm so excited to hear that cork has been made into fabric!

So, if you have some spare time left, you can come do my couch. : )

Some of my favorite vacations are the ones I have spent alone in the house. Enjoy your time off!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP