Shirt Design for Fun Day

The information in the post below is outdated! We are not taking email orders for shirts at this time. Please CLICK HERE for current information.


I asked my talented 16-year-old daughter to design a t-shirt for our puppy group to sell at Guide Dogs' Fun Day. I wanted something that could be worn by men, women, or kids of any age. And she came up with this beautiful Labrador design. It is based on the style of artwork by Shepard Fairey, who designed the famous Obama "Hope" poster. Isn't it fabulous?!

We will have these shirts available at GDB Fun Day on August 16, 2009. However, we are taking pre-orders now. For pre-orders, we are offering t-shirts in men's, women's, and youth sizes ($15), as well as unisex crewneck sweatshirts ($20) and unisex hoody sweatshirts ($25), plus $5 for shipping. All garments will be navy blue. At Fun Day, we will ONLY have t-shirts in men's/unisex sizes.

If you pre-order, you can also get the shirts without Guide Dogs for the Blind at the bottom, for those who are raising for other organizations.

All proceeds will go to our puppy group in order to buy harnesses for graduating dogs.

**Please respect my daughter's hard work. Please do not copy, reproduce, display or use her design without permission. Thank you very much!!

Ally and Eclipse  – (June 19, 2009 at 9:15 PM)  

Those are amazing! Pat your daughter on the back for me! I definitely want one! I need a puppy raising shirt from GDB (that we didn't make /grin/) but I'll send you an e-mail, lol since Eva ate my treat pouch I'll be ordering two of those from you too /wink/ (and yeah, Coreena already knows I'm ordering her one, lol)

Coreena  – (June 19, 2009 at 9:16 PM)  

What an amazingly talented young lady you have for a daughter! What an amazing design!

Becky Andrews  – (June 19, 2009 at 10:17 PM)  

Love 'em and my family loves to sport GDB gear to spread the word. How wonderful that you are raising $ for the harnesses - I LOVE the new harnesses. I will email you my order.

Unknown  – (June 20, 2009 at 11:55 AM)  

Wow! Your daughter is so talented. I'd like to order a t-shirt for my husband, but what I'd really like for me is a poster that of it that I could put up in my classroom....any chance?!
-Robin

Infrequent Flyers  – (June 20, 2009 at 12:53 PM)  

Hi Robin, please leave a comment with your email address so I can email you. (I won't publish it.) Thanks!

Sarah and Romeo  – (June 20, 2009 at 3:40 PM)  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cassie & The Dogs  – (June 20, 2009 at 5:50 PM)  

Yeah "16-year old daughter!!!" I am SO thrilled with these shirts!!

Though my check book is not happy with how many options there are to purchase. *sigh* Accord will hopefully need a harness soon though! :)

OSU 98  – (June 20, 2009 at 7:29 PM)  

Your daughter is very talented!!!!

Taelor, Pilaf, and Cartier  – (June 21, 2009 at 10:49 AM)  

Great work!!! I have to say, these make me slightly ashamed of the T-shirts I designed for Fun Day. =P I am sure that they will be a huge hit!!!

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle  – (June 21, 2009 at 1:13 PM)  

That's a beautiful design! Talented is right... :)

L^2  – (June 22, 2009 at 10:55 AM)  

Love this design! And I think it's awesome that you're raising money for harnesses. I know they're not cheap (at least the ones from Willow's and my school aren't).

Bethany, Dahlia, Julia, and GEB Lucky  – (June 22, 2009 at 6:59 PM)  

So, I could get a shirt with Guiding Eyes for the Blind on the bottom instead of Guide Dogs for the Blind?

Infrequent Flyers  – (June 22, 2009 at 8:03 PM)  

Bethany, sorry, you can only get it with GDB or without. I can't put anything else underneath it. If you'd still like to order, please submit a comment with your email address. Thanks for your interest.

Unknown  – (June 22, 2009 at 8:06 PM)  

I'd like to order a men's medium and a woman's medium- Tshirts.
please email me with the info. These shirts are terrific!

Infrequent Flyers  – (June 22, 2009 at 8:15 PM)  

dwj - Please leave a comment with your email address. I won't publish that comment but will email you back instead. Thanks!!

Anonymous –   – (June 24, 2009 at 11:25 AM)  

I love these shirts! I will be looking for them at Fun Day. Would it be possible to order some after Fun Day if some people in our club want them? :)

Infrequent Flyers  – (June 24, 2009 at 1:34 PM)  

Smilinshell, I think that would be possible. Please talk to someone at our booth on Fun Day, and we can hash out details. Thanks!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP