Murphy's Law


Today, a friend invited me, my daughters, and Cabana to her house for lunch. She has a lovely swimming pool in her backyard, so my daughters got to swim. But my friend asked that Cabana not be allowed to go in the pool (she didn't want dog hairs clogging her pool filter). Since Cabana doesn't like to swim anyway, I said that's totally fine, not a problem!

So of course, today, since Cabana wasn't ALLOWED in the pool, she decided she WANTED to go in!! I was flabbergasted. She kept putting her paws down onto the first step in the pool and would have gone in further, but I kept pulling her back out. We've been to this friend's house before, and Cabana didn't show ANY previous interest in being in their pool--so who on earth knows WHAT made her decide that now she wants to be a "real Labrador" and go for a swim.

But my friend's garden is beautiful, so I took a few pretty pics. Too bad I couldn't take any action shots of Cabana in the pool (or even BY the pool; I just didn't think of it at the time, don't you hate it when that happens?).


Elizabeth and Peyton  – (July 16, 2009 at 8:50 PM)  

Of course she decides water is awesome when she's not allowed in! Hopefully next time she's given the opportunity to swim, she'll still like it.

Tabatha  – (July 16, 2009 at 10:35 PM)  

LOVE the pictures!! She is beautiful!!

Lisa and pups  – (July 17, 2009 at 4:17 AM)  

Oh - love the pictures! Isn't it funny how they seem to know those things.

chloud9  – (July 17, 2009 at 9:53 AM)  

At this point in my puppy raising experience I am very grateful that I do not have a pool. It is a constant battle whenever we are near a pool to keep Debit and Ledger out of it. I would love ideas on how to correct this behavior, but I feel so bad asi ti is something they are naturally bred to enjoy. Cabana's pictures are beautiful as always!

Becky Andrews  – (July 17, 2009 at 4:20 PM)  

Every day is an adventure with these dogs isn't it! That really is Murphy's Law -- she's so cute surrounded by the flowers.

Emily and the Labradors  – (July 18, 2009 at 6:58 PM)  

What a silly girl! That is pretty funny... dogs always know what you want them to NOT do!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP