New Pup in Town


We have a new puppy in our group. Meet Ginger, an adorable little bundle of energy!

Here's Ginger meeting Cabana.

And here's Ginger meeting Poppy.


We haven't had babies in our group for such a long time. It's so great, though, because being around the new babies gives me a puppy fix without having to go through the sleepless nights and puddles on the floor myself.

The debate rages inside me everyday. Regardless of whether Cabana makes it as a guide dog, do I have it in me to raise another puppy? I lean one way one moment, the other way the next. I'm so conflicted! But I know there are lots of other in-between options, like starting a puppy (raising for the first 2-3 months for someone who isn't in a situation to have such a young pup), or being a puppy sitter. Good thing I don't have to decide right away!

Natalie  – (October 20, 2009 at 9:43 PM)  

Awww.. She's so cute. I don't really know what to tell you about your inner conflicts since I don't have a puppy yet. But, whatever you decide to do I hope everything works out for you. :)

Heather and Kelly  – (October 21, 2009 at 5:54 AM)  

Ginger is SO cute! And Cabana is amazingly good with her!
Ellie is just awful when greeting other dogs, she starts jumping around.

Scout and Freyja  – (October 21, 2009 at 6:36 AM)  

Babies of any kind are so wonderful. It helps us realize that the world must go on and that there is always hope for a new beginning!

Becky Andrews  – (October 21, 2009 at 7:02 AM)  

Ohhhh - so sweet. I just want to come hold and cuddle her.

Ally and Eclipse  – (October 21, 2009 at 8:50 AM)  

You're right, you don't have to make a decision right now. I've had to make this decision a number of times, and it's difficult every single time. With GDB you do have a lot of options, there's always the option of taking on a pup and if you don't get along or it's not the right time for you, turn it into a starter pup. Or wait awhile after Cabana's recall and then decide if you want a new pup.

The new little one is so cute! Thanks for sharing the adorable photos! :-D

Cassie & The Dogs  – (October 21, 2009 at 8:57 AM)  

I love the picture with Poppy! You can see her thinking "I'm being patient. I'm being patient..."

Whatever you decide about your future with puppy raising, I hope you stick around! You have been an amazing addition to our group! We have so enjpoed you and the family! I know that we all come in to puppy raising for different reasons and all have different plans for the future. But, I always hate losing my people! I will miss you greatly if you decide not to raise another puppy.

Taelor, Pilaf, and Cartier  – (October 21, 2009 at 10:25 AM)  

Awww, what a cutie! I love her name, too. Finally something normal! =P

I don't think I can be of any help with your inner quandry. I don't think i will ever be able to stop raising! XD

Martha G  – (October 21, 2009 at 5:24 PM)  

I know the dilemma. I wish I had waited to know what was going to happen with Ardella before taking on a new puppy. I'm discovering new ways to be involved with our puppy club with puppy sitting and have the freedom to work with Ardella any way I want. I'm also enjoying getting back into favorite activities I had to let go of when I was raising Ardella. I hope you'll keep raising puppies, too, but I do recommend a little bit of time off between puppies. Feel free to ignore my advice, however. : )

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP