Random Ramblings without a Catchy Title


I spent this past weekend in Los Olivos, a little town near Santa Barbara, where I had a booth at "A Day in the Country" event. The house we rented didn't allow dogs, so I didn't get to take Cabana. That was unfortunate because if ever there was a town that is dog-friendly, Los Olivos is IT! Everyone seems to take their dogs with them everywhere in Los Olivos.

Although we've never met, the owner of the house we rented must be a yellow Lab fan, because she had this little ceramic statue (pictured above) on her fireplace hearth! It was a sweet reminder of our cutie Cabana.

Cabana had a fun time at home, though, with my husband, who took her to the beach and for her daily morning walks. He also gave her a bath AND decorated the outside of our house for Halloween!! Isn't he the best?!

There are 4 unspayed females in our puppy group, all about 1-2 weeks older or younger than Cabana. Poppy was the first to go into season, about 2 months ago. Then, Tara went into season last month. And yesterday, I found out that Persia just went into season. That leaves Cabana as the last holdout in our group!!

I've been waiting to make a Halloween costume for Cabana because if she goes into season anytime in October, she won't even be here to wear it. Another puppy raiser in our group told me last week, "If you want to make sure she's in season by Halloween, make her that costume! And if you want to be doubly sure she's in season by Halloween, spend a lot of time and money on it!"

Emily and the Labradors  – (October 19, 2009 at 4:18 PM)  

The halloween costume comments are hilarious! Luckily although my mom and I have now put a ton of time and a bit of money into costumes, none of the wearers are at risk of going into season! So assuming that everything gets done in time, we should be good to go for the party tomorrow!

Emily and Joel  – (October 19, 2009 at 6:33 PM)  

Haha, that's funny. It would be a shame if she couldnt wear the costume. A dog in my puppy group didnt go into season for the first time until she was 13 or 14 months old, so Cabana's just holding off on becoming a teenager!

Deborah  – (October 19, 2009 at 6:39 PM)  

That is one I've never heard of before! Fortunately none of my gang can come in season! You weekend sounded nice, too bad Cabana didn't get to go! Maybe next trip!

Erin  – (October 19, 2009 at 8:21 PM)  

LOL That sounds like a plan!!

We missed our Howl-o-ween part this year, so my dogs will have to spend Halloween protecting the house, while I go out and hang with friends! I'll probably get some costumes after the holiday when they are cheaper :))

Taelor, Pilaf, and Cartier  – (October 20, 2009 at 11:40 AM)  

That costume quote is amazing... and so true! Count on a puppy to go into season at the worst time. =P

Interesting, I just mentioned to someone today that I thought Pilaf would be going into heat really soon. She is giving all of the signs! It is about time, too, she will be one year old in two days. So tell Persia happy birthday for me!!! =]

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP