Giving Thanks

Cabana's head stuck into a photo of a dog dressed as an Indian, next to a cat dressed as a pilgrimI came across this hilarious photo of a cat and dog in Thanksgiving garb, so I replaced the other dog's face with Cabana's. I'm hoping the actual photo was also a product of Photoshop--cats can't really stand like that, can they?!

Cabana sitting in front of our house
Here's Cabana sitting in front of our house. But tonight after our puppy meeting, Cabana went to the home of a puppy sitter in our group. She's been to this puppy sitter's house before, so I hope she'll remember it and have a good time with their pet dogs.

In the morning, we're heading down to Los Angeles to spend Thanksgiving with my sister. Cabana can't come with us because my sister is extremely uncomfortable around animals. No tolerance for cats, dogs, gerbils, bunnies--she might be okay with goldfish, but only if she doesn't have to touch them. Also, my sister lives on the 12th floor of an apartment building, so it was a double strike against bringing Cabana. :(

My family members are all vegetarian, so we won't be eating turkey. Our Thanksgiving meal will be Thai food and chocolate cake. Yes, I'm very thankful for that! And I won't have to do any of the cooking! Even more to be thankful for!

Wishing everyone a safe and harmonious Thanksgiving!

Lauren  – (November 24, 2009 at 10:14 PM)  

Happy Thanksgiving! Don is off to the puppy sitters tomorrow :(

Sierra Rose  – (November 24, 2009 at 11:24 PM)  

Hi ya Cabana! Have fun with the puppy sitter!
Funny photo with the kitty. Even has it's arm around you :)

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

Sarah and the Pack.  – (November 25, 2009 at 6:19 AM)  

Happy Thanksgiving! And that picture has to be a photoshop product...cats do not stand like that!

Beth and Alfie  – (November 25, 2009 at 7:43 AM)  

Thai food & chocolate cake...YUM! Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous –   – (November 25, 2009 at 9:09 AM)  

I love the pictures! I think I would rather have thai food instead of turkey. :) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Becky Andrews  – (November 25, 2009 at 9:30 AM)  

Happy Thanksgiving! Have a nice trip and sorry your sister isn't able to enjoy sweet Cabana.

Natalie  – (November 25, 2009 at 4:09 PM)  

Yummmm Thai food and chocolate cake sounds amazingly delicious! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Anonymous –   – (November 25, 2009 at 10:11 PM)  

Hi Mimi,

On that note about not bringing Cabana to your sister's house, I'd like to know how I could explain to people that taking them into a shopping centre or any other public place is allowable regardless of how people feel about animals? I can understand not being allowed to take puppies in training or qualified service dogs into a person's house, but when it comes to public places, there are some who disagree with it. I still take Troy everywhere anyway, it's just that I'm getting sick of hearing people trying to convince me that Troy going to the butcher's or other public place isn't a good idea because of this and that.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP