Cabana is a Calendar Girl!

cabana laying on the floor with the GDB calendar in front of her, opened to the May pageYesterday, I volunteered at the Guide Dogs' Homecoming Reunion. While I was on campus, I stopped at the gift shop and picked up the 2011 calendar. What a fun surprise to see that my photo submission of Cabana made it onto the May page!

It's especially nice that Cabana was included in the next calendar since I saw Mandy at the reunion, and she told me that a new puppy in their puppy group is named...CABANA!! They've recycled her name already.* Of course, I know that Cabana wasn't the first to have that name, but it still made me a little bit sad. At least the new Cabana is a black lab, so that will help eliminate any confusion.

If you'd like to purchase a calendar, click here to be taken to the GDB store.

*Guide Dogs for the Blind has to name over 800 puppies a year, and they have to be names that are not currently in use by any other dogs in the program. Not an easy task, which explains some of the doozies they come up with. Since Cabana is career changed and is no longer a part of Guide Dogs, her name is freed up for another dog to use.

JacksDad  – (September 26, 2010 at 10:47 AM)  

That is so cool. I know so many famous puppies!!

Kari in Alaska  – (September 26, 2010 at 11:23 AM)  

Congrats Cabana!



Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Maggie Mae and Max  – (September 26, 2010 at 12:02 PM)  

Yay fur Cabana being a Calendar Girl!

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

OSU 98  – (September 26, 2010 at 2:54 PM)  

Of course Cabana made the calendar. :) She is a very beautiful girl! :)

Vida de Vienna  – (September 26, 2010 at 9:08 PM)  

Yay for Cabana! That is really neat. Reyna is in the calender too along with my third pup Wendy and her handler.

Becky Andrews  – (September 29, 2010 at 10:26 PM)  

Congrats, Cabana! Of course, you made the calendar. Fun to see you at the reunion, Mimi.

Lauren, Spike and Clyde  – (September 30, 2010 at 5:00 PM)  

Congrats on the calendar photo!

The new Cabana is being raised by my Spike's sister's raisers. :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP